• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods

Topshop hoods

Votes: 37 37.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 17 17.0%

Votes: 3 3.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 8 8.0%

Votes: 13 13.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagged I just noticed you have no wipers :laugh:

And I totally forgot about calling you whenever I get some spare time I'm callin you up.

wipers :shrug: what for? those are useless

Last edited:
that and ive never used em .....ever. the only time my car has ever been rained on was at SZ

Did you remove the passenger side door as well because it never sees rain?

yeah cause the wipers and a door are almost the same thing
Funny-6.jpg

Haha...thats funny

podborka_43.jpg

Sorry...don't mean to skew from the topic at hand, but I can't help but laugh at every single one of these Da** 300 pics.

I like the look of the evo hoods that were made before...cough...

I'm thinking the evo hood as well, I like the reverse style scoop, the only thing that makes me wonder is if there are going to be massive amounts of water pooling up when it rains on the engine block where it can't drain away? I doubt it, but I just have to ask...

I'm thinking the evo hood as well, I like the reverse style scoop, the only thing that makes me wonder is if there are going to be massive amounts of water pooling up when it rains on the engine block where it can't drain away? I doubt it, but I just have to ask...

the CF one i had had an opening...the placement of the opening means any water will drip down on the IMRC cover and run down the front of the motor. not a big deal, unless you don't have an IMRC cover.

heres wot i was told.

Sorry to get off topic, but I got a suggestion about asking TopShop to make a splitter. I think this would be easier to sell in masses than a hood. Of course not to try and put Mirko out of business, but if TopShop can come up with something that looks as good and cheaper it may cause Mirko to be a little more competitive with their pricing. What do you guys/ladies think?

Sorry to get off topic, but I got a suggestion about asking TopShop to make a splitter. I think this would be easier to sell in masses than a hood. Of course not to try and put Mirko out of business, but if TopShop can come up with something that looks as good and cheaper it may cause Mirko to be a little more competitive with their pricing. What do you guys/ladies think?

am not sure a lotta ppl would sign up for splitters. Looks good but just seems really unpractical. it gets ruined in a short time especially if ur car's dropped a few inches. Then again, if its dirt cheap, i think i just might get one :laugh:

Ok i added a poll to this thread. They're numbered in order from the pics in the first post. If you don't like some of the options and you want one replaced, post, a pic and if one of the designs aren't doing well I'll switch the pics accordingly.

I've mentioned this several times :(

Actually... I suggested that they make a c/f front bumper cover with an integrated splitter. They could also make the lower opening a little larger (closer to lower side of bumper) so more air actually makes it into the radiator.

This could also be something that any CSVT own would be interested in.... since the OEM bumper cover is no longer made or available.

I've mentioned this several times :(

Actually... I suggested that they make a c/f front bumper cover with an integrated splitter. They could also make the lower opening a little larger (closer to lower side of bumper) so more air actually makes it into the radiator.

This could also be something that any CSVT own would be interested in.... since the OEM bumper cover is no longer made or available.

My bad. I guess i missed that somewhere. I'm not sure how good a full CF front bumper cover would look. Maybe someone could PS one on here.

This is a very very valid point. The stock of our bumpers are running low and this is the perfect time for someone to capitalize on this - we can't get them off the shelf or really afford to pay the high prices people are demanding for their used OEM bumpers... I think they should capitalize on this, but that is the matter of another thread...

I like hood design #1

I've got a Pudmunkie heat-shield (not installed yet :troutslap: ) and I think the scoop would be very functional. The only issue is with the rain and driving in it.. I would think it would be easy to make a billet aluminum blocker (think a throttle-body) to open and close it depending on the weather. If you wanted to get fancy, you could even make it cable or motor operated in case you don't want to go outside and close it. I know there are good fabricators on this board (ahem* Pudmunkie) and would be able to make something that would work perfectly for that application. The blocker design would allow some neat customization as well - ie polish it, chrome, carbon fiber, or even a cool ParkedCar vinal graphic.

This is a very very valid point. The stock of our bumpers are running low and this is the perfect time for someone to capitalize on this - we can't get them off the shelf or really afford to pay the high prices people are demanding for their used OEM bumpers... I think they should capitalize on this, but that is the matter of another thread...

I like hood design #1

I've got a Pudmunkie heat-shield (not installed yet :troutslap: ) and I think the scoop would be very functional. The only issue is with the rain and driving in it.. I would think it would be easy to make a billet aluminum blocker (think a throttle-body) to open and close it depending on the weather. If you wanted to get fancy, you could even make it cable or motor operated in case you don't want to go outside and close it. I know there are good fabricators on this board (ahem* Pudmunkie) and would be able to make something that would work perfectly for that application. The blocker design would allow some neat customization as well - ie polish it, chrome, carbon fiber, or even a cool ParkedCar vinal graphic.

I would think depending on the hood though, if you had a shut off , water may pool up there....

I think the BIG QUESTION here is regardless of what hood design you all like are you going to pony up the cash?

Anyone take a look see at some of the items on their website... their hoods run around 800 at times for CF and 500 for fiberglass ... albeit they are freaking amazing top knotch hoods but who here is in at that price?

I'm sure that they cant beat, meet or go lower than what we were looking at getting by having the work done overseas.

If they can - Hurray and I'll do what I can to help -- I've linked them to this thread and so far they havent chimed in so my thought is perhaps they are pretty confident that they cant do squat for us in regards to a hood for 375.00

As far as other parts thats cool and all but again its like pulling teeth for people to buy the remainder of the products that Topshop has available and was expecting us to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back