• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For the Photographers here

winty87

CEG'er
We've got a Photographers Thread on the Mazda forums and I thought it'd be neat to see what some other guys could throw down. Heres some of my recent shhtuff from my trip to Chicago over the weekend. Oh, my major is photography, so I enjoys it.

Splashin1-01copy.jpg

AshClose1.jpg

Still not sure if color or grayscale works best for the next two

Heart1-2.jpg

Heart1.jpg

Homeless3.jpg

Nice photos.

Grayscale works best with a wide range of light sources and shadows, so I'd go with the color version of the mentioned photo because it offers more information about what it really is. :)

What do you shoot with? I own a Nikon D50, which is supposedly a beginners camera but I find great uses with it without many drawbacks that professionals mention. I'll have to edit this post to show some of my photography too.

Last edited:
Nice photos.

Grayscale works best with a wide range of light sources and shadows, so I'd go with the color version of the mentioned photo because it offers more information about what it really is. :)

What do you shoot with? I own a Nikon D50, which is supposedly a beginners camera but I find great uses with it without many drawbacks that professionals mention. I'll have to edit this post to show some of my photography too.

Yeah, pretty much any pic I have, I convert it using channel mix, then use curves and levels. Thanks for giving me some feedback on those two, I'm partial to the color one myself because of the color I got in the sand using curves and levels. The grayscale I didnt get the contrast I wanted.

I have a Canon EOS rebel G2 film and a Nikon N4004 film. But all those I shot with the Nikon D70 I'm using from my school. A pro photographer I'm friends with is letting me borrow is D100 for awhile until he needs it when his business gets up and rolling. But I'm looking to buy a Nikon D80 this summer.

Awesome pictures!
Here are a few of mine. I just started messing around with photography since i am taking photo 1 in school right now.
All these where taken on a Olympus E500.
But i just ordered a Nikon D80 today. I can't wait for that to come in.
They are nothing compared to whats been posted, but what the hell.
Some landscapes. I like these because this is the NJ i know.
Delaware.jpg

NJ4.jpg

NJ2.jpg

NJ.jpg

WhiteLake.jpg

Some animals. My favorite to photograph. Gotta love the 200mm f2.8 lens
Swan.jpg

This little mink is a rare sight around here. He was about 70 yards away. No tripod and the picture is cropped about 60%
Mink.jpg

Renegade.jpg

I just like this pic for whatever reason. Its my wallpaper now too.
Rocks.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Please excuse the dirty scanner. This was taken on a Konica thats about 35 years old, using a 500mm lens, with no tripod. I developed and printed this myself.
Boat.jpg

Oh sweet some fellow photographers!! I've got some college credit towards photo that i earned from being in photo for a year at a co-op school. I did film with the chemicals and everything. A lot of fun:) I dont have a scanner :(so i cant get any of my GOOD pics. from school on here, but i can put up some digital stuff:)
What do you guys think?

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/pnove/?action=view&current=IMG_0135.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/pnove/?action=view&current=IMG_0147.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/pnove/?action=view&current=IMG_0067.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/pnove/?action=view&current=IMG_0002Large.jpg

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/pnove/?action=view&current=image.jpg

Awesome pictures!
Here are a few of mine. I just started messing around with photography since i am taking photo 1 in school right now.
All these where taken on a Olympus E500.
But i just ordered a Nikon D80 today. I can't wait for that to come in.
They are nothing compared to whats been posted, but what the hell.
Some landscapes. I like these because this is the NJ i know.
Delaware.jpg

NJ4.jpg

NJ2.jpg

NJ.jpg

WhiteLake.jpg

Some animals. My favorite to photograph. Gotta love the 200mm f2.8 lens
Swan.jpg

This little mink is a rare sight around here. He was about 70 yards away. No tripod and the picture is cropped about 60%
Mink.jpg

Renegade.jpg

I just like this pic for whatever reason. Its my wallpaper now too.
Rocks.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Please excuse the dirty scanner. This was taken on a Konica thats about 35 years old, using a 500mm lens, with no tripod. I developed and printed this myself.
Boat.jpg

I like the second to the last one the best. Good stuff!!!

We got some nice pictures goin up here. Anybody else have anything to contribute? I'll see about working on some more images to put up soon.

I do have some. I keep forgetting to make some time to come back and post pics. I still have to upload them.

oh and Todras, they display vertically for me. Weird

Browser differences :)

Ok here's some of mine. Nature, Cars, Client stores & products, and some abstract stuff too. Give it a second to load!

This one is dripping water colored by LEDs:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0043

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

Back