• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

Suba Blu

Hard-core CEG'er
Topshop has stated that they will now make us some fiberglass eyelids if we supply them a set of headlights to use.

I have a drivers side just sitting in my garage, I asked them if they could reverse whatever they made for that side to make a drivers piece and they said that it would take too long and want a full set.

Anyone have a passengers side assumbly (or at least a ouside lens housing) that they would be willing to donate for this cause?

sure ill put mine up! ive got a pair of hazed up old headlights i could throw on for a bit. just let me know! my headlights have eyelids now, but we have to bake them this weekend cause im going to be removing the chrome inside them and blacking them out, and i dont know what will happen to the eyelids once put in the oven, they might melt!

let me find out if your donations will be sent back in the same condition and whatnot.. I personally dont care if my assembly comes back or not as its all yellowed.

well I have a spare set of headlights but I would like them back in he same shape if I was to send them ...

I know the junk yard I go to has some post 98 contours I could grab one from ...

I would contact Goonz as I believe he had just lens he was willing to send before

Brian, if you want to come pick up my spare headlights, they are yours as long as you guys need them for the GB. I don't have the time to ship or do anything myself, but don't care if you want to use them.

What made them change their mind Crispy?

Brian, if you want to come pick up my spare headlights, they are yours as long as you guys need them for the GB. I don't have the time to ship or do anything myself, but don't care if you want to use them.

if needed I can do this

What made them change their mind Crispy?

not entirely sure but I think that it had something to do with the fact that I already sent them some of my Contour parts for wrapping.

Also another Contour owner and I posted in their Cougar threads a few times asking for eyelids.. maybe they are not as busy as they hoped with their Cougar GB's.

I'll contact Justin and tell him that we have a set of headlights ready to send and if they will be come back in the same shape or if they need to be pieces which will be donated for the molds

omg yes!!!!! im in all the way!!!!!!! I guess all my begging paid off! please say we would get the normal eyelids and not wrap arounds like on the that mondeo

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to find out if the parts sent for mold purposes will be sent back in the same shape or if they will be deemed "donations for the cause"

stay tuned...

Goonz.. willing to donate or would we have to purchase those outter lenses from ya?

Well I'm still waiting on some more info from Justin... we need to send the assemblies or lenses there so they can make a mold..

once that is done then they can produce them for us.

What are they charging for this?

I can probably beat their price for the same quality

What are they charging for this?

I can probably beat their price for the same quality

umm beat to the punch??

The time to have said this was months to years ago. There has been obvious interest/demand for these for god knows how long. Why would you wait until a company has decided to make them and then say this? :shrug:

Kudos if you can beat the price but your timing is a tad off.

I have stated it multiple times. Honestly it doesn't matter to me if someone makes them for the contour or not. Only a hand full of people will buy them anyhow just like everything else.

Back