• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Volvo S60

Sl33stak

CEG'er
Wow, long time no post. I was hoping someone could give me an opinion on a 2001 Volvo S60 w/ 65000 miles on it. I can get it for under 10k and my wife loves the way it looks. Are Volvo's reliable? I've TRIED looking online but every place wants you to subscribe to read reviews ( eg. Consumer reports)

Thanks

NO! They're are the most UNreliable cars EVER. You would NEVER want to own one. Where did you say this one was located? :D

Type of Vehicle: CAR2001 VOLVO S60 #YV1RS61R512045730RED WANT A NICE LUXURY CAR AT A AFFORDABLE PRICE??? CHECK OUT THIS 5 CYL. ENGINE VOLVO W/ ALL THE OPTIONS, RIDE IN STYLE!!!! power windows, power locks, air, cruise, tilt, am/fm/cd/cassette, auto, power seats, heated seats, power sunroof, leather82000 Miles
Price: $9900

Is that the one?

Type of Vehicle: CAR2001 VOLVO S60 #YV1RS61R512045730RED WANT A NICE LUXURY CAR AT A AFFORDABLE PRICE??? CHECK OUT THIS 5 CYL. ENGINE VOLVO W/ ALL THE OPTIONS, RIDE IN STYLE!!!! power windows, power locks, air, cruise, tilt, am/fm/cd/cassette, auto, power seats, heated seats, power sunroof, leather82000 Miles
Price: $9900

Is that the one?

That be the one. I was hoping someone could run a Carfax for me here, I like the car, it's loaded, but I don't know squat about Volvo's. :(

For what its worth, I'm not immediately aware of any endemic problems with the S60s, particularly from that year. I've got a friend that's a big Volvo hound from years back, and just rang him, but he must be indisposed, as there was no answer. The 1999 (first year) S80 was a bit troublesome, but that's the only Volvo from recent past that jumps out. Since Ford's been involved, electronics have improved, but American fingers aren't the only ones in the pie, so be prepared for some possible gremlins that are less common in Detroit iron. I cruised around in Miami in a white on tan S60 rental that I liked quite a bit for what it was. It was comfortable and evinced decent quality.

Seems a tad high for a car with 82k but that's just me.

Admittedly, I don't have my finger on the pulse of these cars every day. I, too, was wondering about where they fall, so I went with the Kelley book, despite some of my reservations about it. Dealer retail runs between $12 and $13K, depending on equipment, with 82K miles. If you end up around 9K, it would appear that the car would be well bought.

Last edited:
Yeah KBB lists it over 12k, and this car has everything, even a built in bidet! J/K but it is loaded heated everything, even the much necessary headlight wipers. :shrug:

Back