• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New system pics inside!!!!!!!!

Any finished pics?
here you go. Nice and clean! Some pics of other team members too!
DSC00555.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00553-1.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00549.jpg

WHOA THIS THREAD ISN'T LOCKED YET. I'M GOING TO THROW IN MY TWO CENTS.

FEW PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE LUXURY OR HOLDING A 42 LBS SPEAKER IN THEIR HANDS. EVEN FEWER PEOPLES CARS ARE HITIING 145+ db . SO THESE FOLKS ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE OUR WINDSHEILD WIPERS VIBRATE AND THEIRS DO NOT.

SO GET ON MY LEVEL

ODDLY ENOUGH MY CROSSFIRE XT212 ALSO WEIGHT 42 LBS LOOKS TO BE A SIMILAR BASKET AND DOUBLE STACKED MAGNET. YALL JUST MAD BECAUSE YOUR $HIT DON'T BEAT AND YOUR INSTALL IS WEAK !!!

FEW PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE LUXURY OR HOLDING A 42 LBS SPEAKER IN THEIR HANDS. EVEN FEWER PEOPLES CARS ARE HITIING 145+ db . SO THESE FOLKS ARE JUST MAD BECAUSE OUR WINDSHEILD WIPERS VIBRATE AND THEIRS DO NOT.

SO GET ON MY LEVEL

ODDLY ENOUGH MY CROSSFIRE XT212 ALSO WEIGHT 42 LBS LOOKS TO BE A SIMILAR BASKET AND DOUBLE STACKED MAGNET. YALL JUST MAD BECAUSE YOUR $HIT DON'T BEAT AND YOUR INSTALL IS WEAK !!!

Uh...what?

SO GET ON MY LEVEL

Yes, i'm real upset i can't hit a 145+db in my car, oh darn, i like to enjoy the quality of my music, guess i'm uncool. :rolleyes:

SO GET ON MY LEVEL

Or maybe we just matured out of this stage. Seriously, you talk like a highschooler in your school parking lot. Only there would a vibrating windshield wiper determine a good system. :nonono: Holding a 42lb speaker is a luxury? Wow, you really have your priorities in life straight. I can see you going places man, keep it up.

Or maybe we just matured out of this stage. Seriously, you talk like a highschooler in your school parking lot. Only there would a vibrating windshield wiper determine a good system. :nonono: Holding a 42lb speaker is a luxury? Wow, you really have your priorities in life straight. I can see you going places man, keep it up.

my friend hit a 145+ db with his subs, but they sounded great. you need quality with boom, i think, unless you're souly going for the "look at me, i have a loud system...but it sounds like ****"

i have two ok mtx 12"s and im actually down grading to two shallow mount 10'' why u ask?? because im past the point of LOOOOOOK AT ME IM LOUD AND BADD AS$. i rather have a good bass with out over powering everything else. ohh also like for my car to handle well too.

exactly, now if you have it set up for SQ then it can be loud as well as crystal clear, there are a couple guys on the boards with great SQ setups.
back from the dead lol............ My car is set up for SQ that is what I compete in at the shows. My massive sub can play just as clean as any the double spider helps that also

LOL I hit 151db with one sub and 200 wrms@4ohm

What have you done?
You hit 151 with 1 sub and 200 watts huh? were you running the sub at 4ohm? I want to know exactly what you were running to do that. How long ago was it? I bet it was the audiocontrol mic too wasn't it

Big subs are a waste of money unless you are winning money/awards/sponserships for them in competitions...IMO!

Agreed.

I see how functional are these big SUVs or work vans turned into rubbling metal boxes, you can make a living with it, I'm sure.

On the other hand, nice compact and high sound quality for yourself while you drive is the best way to go.

Other than that, asides from the sake of experimenting new things with audio systems, i don't see why would you turn the whole car into a nearly 2 tonne vibrator.

Agreed.

I see how functional are these big SUVs or work vans turned into rubbling metal boxes, you can make a living with it, I'm sure.

On the other hand, nice compact and high sound quality for yourself while you drive is the best way to go.

Other than that, asides from the sake of experimenting new things with audio systems, i don't see why would you turn the whole car into a nearly 2 tonne vibrator.

big subs = dynamic headroom. no reason to go "compact" in order to get SQ... large subs have just as much SQ as they do.

Back