• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The $5,000 car thread

Yes, a five-thousand dollar deLorean will be a project, indeed. They are cool cars, nonetheless. :cool: A buddy of mine and I used to see one down on Pickering Wharf in Salem.

Having looked on eBay many times, I found plenty around $6k with relatively low mileage. There were a couple on there for $5k now with mild wear and tear, but nothing major wrong.

It would be very tempting to install one of the replica Flux Capacitors in there as a first mod. ;)

a mkII gti, then do a vr swap. i really loved my old one (attached)

that or a green/tan corrado vr, mmmmm

Attachments

• GTI 002 (Medium).jpg
    GTI 002 (Medium).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
Having looked on eBay many times, I found plenty around $6k with relatively low mileage. There were a couple on there for $5k now with mild wear and tear, but nothing major wrong.

It would be very tempting to install one of the replica Flux Capacitors in there as a first mod. ;)

I could lend you one of my cassettes to complete the time travel experience. :cool:

I could lend you one of my cassettes to complete the time travel experience. :cool:

Hahah.

Admittedly, audio would be ripped out in an instant.

Though one of these for $300 isn't a bad deal.

dec074433u.jpg

I'd hit that. Then drop in a 406:laugh:

What the hell do you need a 406 for? You trying to keep your Wellcraft Scarab from floating out of the harbor?

It's a 302, for goodness sakes. One of the greatest small block engines ever made. Leave it alone. Geez, you want to take out everything that's not nailed down.

What the hell do you need a 406 for? You trying to keep your Wellcraft Scarab from floating out of the harbor?

It's a 302, for goodness sakes. One of the greatest small block engines ever made. Leave it alone. Geez, you want to take out everything that's not nailed down.

I likes me some torque:drool:

I figured you'd be a "no replacement for displacement" guy:shrug:

BTW, no, I don't have a Scarab. I prefer the more raucus nature of a Liberator; and the small, more personal feel, thank you. Mine is of the 24-foot variety with a 454 HO:cool:

I replaced the Merc Bravo 1 with a Volvo Penta Cobra when the gears stripped out. The cooling system in it was simply not enough for the power of even a 350.

I likes me some torque:drool:

I figured you'd be a "no replacement for displacement" guy:shrug:

BTW, no, I don't have a Scarab. I prefer the more raucus nature of a Liberator; and the small, more personal feel, thank you. Mine is of the 24-foot variety with a 454 HO:cool:

That 302 makes some 270 lb-ft or more.

Nope, not necessarily. The next car I'd like to own is powered by a 2.3L Turbo (140 ci if you're old school), so I'm ok with smaller motors as long as the engineering is there. I love the 3.8s of the Eighties, for example.

Here's a Chris Craft Stinger:

miami-vice-boats-stinger-3.jpg

Back