• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The $5,000 car thread

I'm not looking for a handler, that's what the Focus is for:laugh:

What's wrong with the Capri? My guess it that you think it's beaten?

not only does it look beat, but its an 85. i would stick to a 86 up for the sequential fuel injection.

I'd actually like to have a carb'd car... I like the simplicity, especially for how basic my knowledge is on actually working on cars.

I'll take an FI car if it's the best deal, but if I'm going to go older than '90, I'd like one with a carb.

I'd actually like to have a carb'd car... I like the simplicity, especially for how basic my knowledge is on actually working on cars.

I'll take an FI car if it's the best deal, but if I'm going to go older than '90, I'd like one with a carb.

arent all 85 that crap CFI?

On that white/red, I'd be concerned of the bra damaging the paint. I find many Mustang owners leave those bras on all the time :mad:. Loove the red interior though...

arent all 85 that crap CFI?
You would know better than I. I thought some were carb'd as well...
On that white/red, I'd be concerned of the bra damaging the paint. I find many Mustang owners leave those bras on all the time :mad:. Loove the red interior though...
That's no problem. I'm not looking for a perfect one. I'm looking for a project. I'd prefer a hard top anyways...

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/1058429694.html

I've seen some misspellings, but this is a good one :laugh:
1998, mercury, misstic - $1299 (brockton)
the motor is a 4 silinder

SVT contours are rare. 2.3 turbo fords are rare. Neither of which are expensive at all.

Highly sought after cars become expensive, not necessarily "rare" cars.

Interested in this? (I'll probably cry if it leaves, but I just don't have the time and money for it and I need to stop kidding myself)

It's an auto with a bad tranny, but turbo fox said the swaps are fairly easy.
DSCF0683Medium.jpg

1214, I'll think about it. I'd really would like a 5-speed hard topm though. Plus, I don't want to tear a man from his car like that.

1214, I'll think about it. I'd really would like a 5-speed hard topm though. Plus, I don't want to tear a man from his car like that.

It's not really mine......but I want to make it mine. It's my mothers and stepfathers and they want it gone so bad that they almost donated it to charity back in December to use as a tax write off. :mad: It's sitting in the garage collecting dust now but I really want to fix it up and make it another toy.

Ever since I had my Notch LX 5.0, I've been dying to get back into a Fox. :cool:

mustang.jpg

Interested in this? (I'll probably cry if it leaves, but I just don't have the time and money for it and I need to stop kidding myself)

It's an auto with a bad tranny, but turbo fox said the swaps are fairly easy.
DSCF0683Medium.jpg

mmmmm

miles? looks real clean

Lately I've been wanting a practical winter beater. 2003-2004 Subaru Forester XS with sunroof, or for 5k, 2000 Subaru Forester S with winter package. WITHOUT the Subaru stock audio, thank you very much. :D

My g/f has a 2003 Forester XS. Quite practical, as you say, though not much character. That little boxer 4 has got some umph... must be those long intake runners. BTW, are Subaru's on the expensive side to maintain? I heard that somewhere...

I've been looking at late 90s early 2000s audi A4 avant quattros and mid 80s benz's...One of my current cars would have to go though :blackeye: I think it's just a phase that will pass as soon as I start working on/driving the XR. I've also been looking at sub 1k SVT's with blown engines...

Recently picked up a mid-80s W123 diesel Benz. Holy crap that thing is solid, and you can entertain yourself for hours watching the German reviews on YouTube. I pulled 30mpg in mixed driving (60% city, 40% highway), although I'm getting less on my current tank of B50.

yay for moms being the voice of reason. ;)

Exactly. That's why my mom has no idea I have five cars. She thinks I only have three.

Hope y'all are enjoying the snow. ;-)

Back