• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next CEG meet ( Mod Meet )

I'm wondering if I can do SS with flux core wire. There is no way I'm hauling tanks of C25 around. I'd like to go, but if it's March it will be touch and go. I know I have 2 things planned that month already (1 work meeting in Vegas and an engagement party).

I've wanted to try to optimize a Y-pipe. Can anyone PM me some pics of one? If it looks like something I can handle with my available tools (I'm in desperate need of a torch) I would be happy to try.

i have done a few Y-pipe optimizing and it is easy!! and it really does help to have a torch.. and the way i do it you need one... the only pic i have of doing it is this one but i can get more..
0813082055.jpg

i have been thinking about coming to this meet... but it is an 11 hour drive for me so who knows... but after you do one y-pipe the rest are easy!!

That is pretty much what I had pictured but it's been so long since I've seen a contour pipe I couldnt say for sure whether my idea would work.

I can do other stuff for you guys too while I'm there - help out somehow.. like stereo/amp/speaker installs. Or even stupid lil stuff like fog light switch mod, or maybe even the auto sunroof mods (will just need a few relays) :shrug:

I know how to do stuff too. Like ahem ahem, and cough cough. Wait til you guys see the next set of pictures. The wait should only take about three more weeks and then the rear will be done.

That is pretty much what I had pictured but it's been so long since I've seen a contour pipe I couldnt say for sure whether my idea would work.

yea it is easy... if i still had my welder and my torch i would still be doing them.. but i left them in NY :cry:... and a grinding wheel also makes it VERY easy!!

Ok guys 3 months away..Im still down to have this meet at my house as long as everyone still plans to come..

Just trying to figure out a date that will be ok with everyone..Someone wanna throw some dates out there??..

That works with me. The week after I have plans to be in GA and the next sunday I'll be seeing Jeff Dunham.

Back