• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Micah pre-98 front bumper

gdub520

Veteran CEG'er
was oc, then av then oc again then finally av, now
Does anyone here have or ever order one the the bumpers from yrs gone by???

I can remember sending my deposit for one and having his mom shred my m.o. thinking it was junk mail :shocked:

I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was pizzzzed

anyway, if you got one what ever happened to it, or are you still rockin' it as the kids say?

i had one for about three or four years. last time one was for sale was like 1.5 years ago or so.
i picked mine up in person at his house to avoid any of the issues i had heard about him. i actually talked to through ceg not so long ago. he had a new screen name though.

It's been a long time seen I've seen these mentioned. CEG has changed so much over the years.

I look back at the last forums and see tons of mods that never get mentioned on here ever anymore.

these are best left forgotten anyways. the build quality was average at best,body lines didnt match on one side, 1000's of pin holes,and larger air pocket holes that needed to be filled. fog light holes werent big enough for stock fog lights. i cant count the number of cf splinters i got prepping that thing.

Does anyone have a picture of one? I'm not really sure what everyone is talking about. :shrug:

Does anyone have a picture of one? I'm not really sure what everyone is talking about. :shrug:

it was a custom made svt looking bumper that would bolt directly onto a pre98 contour. iirc the passanger side sagged and the body lines didn't line up

i've got alot of pictures on mine.
yo dude! exhaust comes to mind on forgotten mods
garbage can heatshield
dryer hose cai extension

i've got alot of pictures on mine.
yo dude! exhaust comes to mind on forgotten mods
garbage can heatshield
dryer hose cai extension

yo dude exhaust in now trubendz isn't it? only reason I remember that is someone said it made them sound more credible because of the name

Wow I totally forgot about that bumper. I use to have one years ago but sold mine to carraudio. Haven't seen him on the forums for a long time either.

i sold mine to someone in cali..irrc san diego.:shrug:
the yo dude might be trubenz now,i never heard that but could make sense. i remember seeing one uninstalled at michas when i picked up the front bumper. they're pretty much identical.

723264_57_full.jpg

:drool: :drool:

i thought about that bumper because it was late here at work and my mind was playing tricks on me....

who remembers that before that bumper materialized we were kicking around the idea of the bmw m3(i think it was m3) style bumper?

a couple photoshops surfaced that really had us interested...for awhile anyway

i know pete tampas had a micah front bumper stored in his garage in the fall of 03. dunno what ever happened to it...dunno why he even had one since it wouldn't fit his mystique anyway.

i don't even think he trolls here anymore.

those micah bumpers were sweet. cool thing about them is the nose actually was made to stick out further which made for a more agressive look instead of just molding stock bumpers.

i wonder what happened to micah. he was a great guy...and whatever bad experiences happened, people should know that the guy nearly killed and bankrupted himself getting those things made and sent out to people.

those were carbon fiber werent they?

I remember seeing a brand new one in the classifieds a few years ago wanting it REALLY badly.

alex peppers oddII software
There are better options these days. The software is pretty clunky by today's standards, and I've never gotten it to work. I got the cable with the car, and requested a copy of the serial number from Alex himself (who dug it up from the order confirmation email dated 2001! :cool: ). Connected it to the car, never got a working signal, gave up and got a commercial OBDII scanner for Christmas.

Back