• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Next CEG meet ( Mod Meet )

It would be cheaper to get your ypipe optimized by a CEGer. Thats what I did.

Got it, not sure if someone at the meet can do this on the spot. If so, that would be great. I took it off the car when I had about 15-20K miles on it so it should be in great shape. I heard about a potential Christmas sale from MSDS so I'll see about getting the headers soon.

^^^^ lol!

Vinny, we can do headers but the only way we can do you exhasut i if we clamp it together, no one has a welder.

^^^^ lol!

Vinny, we can do headers but the only way we can do you exhasut i if we clamp it together, no one has a welder.

That's cool. We can always clamp it tight and then I can have a local mechanic weld it when I get back home. I'll look into the headers shortly.

Vinny, Ive got 2 12s. and Trubendz didnt even let me pick up my kit. they can ship it to me at half price though.

Vinny, Ive got 2 12s. and Trubendz didnt even let me pick up my kit. they can ship it to me at half price though.

Got it, forgot you had 12's. Thanks for the offer to have it sent to your place. Hey $15.00 pays for a case of beer! I probably wont order it until Feb. or so but I'll keep you posted. Btw, if anyoe else is interested in a JL H.O. box for 2 10's, let me know and I'll bring it along. It's taking up space so I'll sell it very cheap!

I didnt know your ass was coming to the meet.!

Ill punch you.
CIMG0048.jpg

Last edited:
If you bring the welder we could weld some mufflers onto my exhaust and weld some holes closed. That would be aaaaaaawesome.

Awesome, bring the welder!

1. Brent - Suspension, Bumper Painting
2. Blast47 - somethin :crazy:
3. Tyler - welding exhaust (of course, pending welder)
4. Vinny - Headers, Exhaust

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if I can do SS with flux core wire. There is no way I'm hauling tanks of C25 around. I'd like to go, but if it's March it will be touch and go. I know I have 2 things planned that month already (1 work meeting in Vegas and an engagement party).

I've wanted to try to optimize a Y-pipe. Can anyone PM me some pics of one? If it looks like something I can handle with my available tools (I'm in desperate need of a torch) I would be happy to try.

Back