• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

I love how this thread got JiZaCkEd!

How is the teardown Josh? Find anything else that this bastard screwed up?

I love how this thread got JiZaCkEd!

How is the teardown Josh? Find anything else that this bastard screwed up?

I fixed everything up until the motor...

the engine dissassembly is almost done. I'm keeping it partially in tact for a mock up motor for the project. I'll be listing another SVT intake conversion soon. That will easily fund the parts required to fix the 3L and then some, and then the 3L gets sold and I'm back down to only 2 cars...for a while anyway.

The car's interior won't be touched until it gets dismantled and swapped in spring, so all that i really have left to tear off the car is the suspension and sub frames to prep for project mock up.

Over the weekend i got the track car and some parts moved back into my unit and prepped the other one car unit for Hetfield's car to sleep for the winter. And got the 3L fired up and turned around. That car sounds freaking mean!

I'll be starting on fixing the 3L car next week.

t H I S I S F O R H E C T O R:

^ T H A T I S A P R E T T Y G O O D D E A L F O R A B O L T O N R E A D Y S P O I L E R , W H A T D O E S I T L O O K L I K E ?

Crispy, Don't Tell Him What I Got From You...... Might Have A Christmas Present In The Mix :)

T Y P I N G L I K E T H I S I S D U M B E R T H A N W I S C O N S I N P E O P L E A N D R E A L L Y P I S S E S M O S T P E O P L E O F F

Last edited:
the only problem with putting on that spoiler is my current trunk lid is well...kinda junky :rolleyes:

We talked about this already, you just need to debadge it, sand all the hot glue off and rough up the paint below the reflector and rattle can some new silver there. $15 and your done. You might need stronger trunk lift struts too to support the spoilers weight.....

his struts will be fine... it was installed on a car that came without a spoiler without probs...

same with my old car... M!key and I just swapped trunklids.... all good.

::sniff:: ::sniff:: You guys smell that???

mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif
mexicanwave.gif

WTF?! Mexican wave?christ almighty...lmao

BLKOUT2 is now prepared for it's first (and only) winter.... :cry:

I've got a good trans at the shop right now so i'm on the hunt for a blown trans car to put it in and sell....might have found a good deal, waiting on a reply.

The car runs like :censored::censored::censored::censored: in the cold...moose's itself dead like freaking crazy, and has as many creaks and rattles as when i had the full end-linked suspension in it. Not a fan.

Why don't you do the throttle hang fix and take are of the moosing... ?

Damn it, that sucks. Are you just getting fed up with the conty now....?

Nah, can't help but love my first SVT, It's never let me down...

The things you're going to see come out of PRT this spring will prove that i love the Contour now as much as ever. ;)

Nah, can't help but love my first SVT, It's never let me down...

The things you're going to see come out of PRT this spring will prove that i love the Contour now as much as ever. ;)

Oh I know, I know... I have a perfect test car, [/hint]

Back