• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic Request: UPR black Mustang fuel door

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
would like to see these on anything! Maybe you mustang owners saw them on a forum somewhere. Obviously I would like to put one on my car, but UPR's site makes the door look satin black, even though it's described as gloss black. So if you have/see any pics of them, please post! These are the only two pics I can find. Looks good on the stang IMO. Or if any of you are on BMCForums, you can PM "HuskerGT" for me, the owner of the mustang below, and ask him for more pics for me :)

1020_03_lrg.gif

100_2303.jpg

Last edited:
ridingandmycar033.jpg

mustang fuel door with carbon fiber overlay

ill take a close up shot tomorrow when its light outside if you want

These mustang fuel doors hard to install..IIRC i thought i seen a How-to floating around somewhere..

not at all, all you need to do is cut down the plastic cup around the filler neck alittle and then drill two holes to mount the door with. shouldn't take to long at all.

my old one..close. btw,installing them on the pre98's was a bit trickier imho,because of the locking gas door:shrug:
723264_112_full.jpg

less talky, more pixies of what i requesty :cool: I know it's a shot in the dark that someone may have pics, worth the try though :laugh:

you could always just have it powdercoated to whatever finish you want :idea:

i had my "chrome" gas door re-chromed and then laser etched. ill post pics of it later. i can have it etched for any of you that might be interested. like SVT or CEG or whatever logo.

you could always just have it powdercoated to whatever finish you want :idea:

i had my "chrome" gas door re-chromed and then laser etched. ill post pics of it later. i can have it etched for any of you that might be interested. like SVT or CEG or whatever logo.

Well, I think mustangs have a UA paint code like we do, so if some company went out of their way to match a fuel door to that color(doubt it but maybe), it would be ideal.

Good call, thats what it looks like! haha

yea that pic isnt very good it says SV in chrome and the T is red its the svt badges that were on the prototype SVT adrenalin built off the explorer sport trac..

im going to paint my calipers the same red to match thought it might look good.. we will see

you think thats bad? i saw a beautiful, MINT condition black 03 cobra the other day with a big red S emblem after the SVT :confused:

Back