• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

Can a 99 harness infact work in a 98?

If you change everything around I would think yes but I know that they are constructed differently. You might want to change ECUs at the same time to keep things in limbo

Sooooo are you going to have another parts car now? I'm a little confused by the parts donations to save one car for another...yeah I'm overly tired. Curiousity......

i was holding onto hope of being able to get ginger roadworthy again to get rid of it for a grand or something, but that's not going to happen now. So yeah, it's a parts car.

Change of plans need a drivers side mirror(99/00), and fender. Color doesn't matter. More info to come when i have some time to post up.

Long story short, we're building a Frankentour out of ginger. I can't see letting a straight body car go to the scrapper. I have gone over all of gingers systems to date and now know where the car stands, it's a decent enough car with a shot motor and grinding trans, so:

The 3L from Newsvt's old car is going to be dropped in after I'm done taking care of all the hack-ass shiz that was done by the fellow that built the car. So that takes care of the engine. The engine bay harness would ahve to be totally reworked for the project I'm using it for anyway, so swapping all of Gingers components is kind of silly.

Gingers trans will receive the tower, forks and syncros from hetfield 58K mile trans.

Stock clutch

The new(er) stock suspension from Newsvt's old car is going in.

BLKOUT2's MNB interior will be swapped in.....

And the car will be sold after i drive it for a little while as i finish BLKOUT2's rebirth.

Long story short, we're building a Frankentour out of ginger. I can't see letting a straight body car go to the scrapper. I have gone over all of gingers systems to date and now know where the car stands, it's a decent enough car with a shot motor and grinding trans, so:

The 3L from Newsvt's old car is going to be dropped in after I'm done taking care of all the hack-ass shiz that was done by the fellow that built the car. So that takes care of the engine. The engine bay harness would ahve to be totally reworked for the project I'm using it for anyway, so swapping all of Gingers components is kind of silly.

Gingers trans will receive the tower, forks and syncros from hetfield 58K mile trans.

Stock clutch

The new(er) stock suspension from Newsvt's old car is going in.

BLKOUT2's MNB interior will be swapped in.....

And the car will be sold after i drive it for a little while as i finish BLKOUT2's rebirth.

PRT---JUST YOU WAIT!!!

So it should be done in a few years right?:laugh: hahaha damn im an asshole!

Back