• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

What is it about people and not wanting to buy a new IAC when they get the moose?

I always hated the throttle hang fix too... it was cool for a month or two and then later I just pried the crap out as it caused more troubles than it was worth.

What is it about people and not wanting to buy a new IAC when they get the moose?

Because that doesn't always fix it either. For me it's come down to a simple choice: put the Ford moose fix canister back on and have a very slight moosing sound all the time, or leave it off and have periodic moosing that wakes the neighbors and kills the motor, especially when I'm backing out of my driveway.

Because that doesn't always fix it either. For me it's come down to a simple choice: put the Ford moose fix canister back on and have a very slight moosing sound all the time, or leave it off and have periodic moosing that wakes the neighbors and kills the motor, especially when I'm backing out of my driveway.

Every person I know including myself that had the moose and replaced the IAC with a NEW oem IAC no longer had the moose. That includes cougar owners. People need to learn how to troubleshoot problems. maybe something else is causiing it? get out the vaccum plumbing layouts and check for leaks plugged lines etc. there is always an answer/solution to the problem. Adding additional crap, programming/tuning around it just covers the problem. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or call anyone out but thats how it is. It seems like so many just say "oh its the moose do the Th fix if that doesn't work you're SOL" WTF? seriously what kind of BS piss poor ass attitude is that :censored::censored::censored::censored:? that really irratates me.

Every person I know including myself that had the moose and replaced the IAC with a NEW oem IAC no longer had the moose. That includes cougar owners. People need to learn how to troubleshoot problems. maybe something else is causiing it? get out the vaccum plumbing layouts and check for leaks plugged lines etc. there is always an answer/solution to the problem. Adding additional crap, programming/tuning around it just covers the problem. I'm not trying to sound like a dick or call anyone out but thats how it is. It seems like so many just say "oh its the moose do the Th fix if that doesn't work you're SOL" WTF? seriously what kind of BS piss poor ass attitude is that :censored::censored::censored::censored:? that really irratates me.

Tell us how you really feel.....:laugh:

Seriously though Josh. Too many people on here claim having mechanical abilities and they can't troubleshoot problems for :censored::censored::censored::censored:. yes there are alot of individuals that have the knack to do it, but way too many are lacking in it all together. And when you guys sit here and talk about dealing with the moose more or less. It frustrates me to hear it. What kind of car guy says oh well i guess I'll just deal with my car not running correctly/at 100%? Seriously though who does????

Seriously though Josh. Too many people on here claim having mechanical abilities and they can't troubleshoot problems for :censored::censored::censored::censored:. yes there are alot of individuals that have the knack to do it, but way too many are lacking in it all together. And when you guys sit here and talk about dealing with the moose more or less. It frustrates me to hear it. What kind of car guy says oh well i guess I'll just deal with my car not running correctly/at 100%? Seriously though who does????

quoted for :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing truth. You should hear the retards that go "ahh yeah, my 3 liter stalls all the time when I come to a stop.... I just keep giving it gas and live with it"

quoted for :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing truth. You should hear the retards that go "ahh yeah, my 3 liter stalls all the time when I come to a stop.... I just keep giving it gas and live with it"

EXACTLY! WTF? EH? Jesus F%&King christ build a 3L and deal with it running like poopee kaa kaa......I swear to god I f I hear Pole hetfield or any other wiceg'er say bah it's good enough moose and all. I WILL show upto a meet and kick them round in the nuts! That means you joe! You fuggin brake hose baorrowing bastage! LMFAO god I love being drunk in the morning!! And to think miller lite tasets like :censored::censored::censored::censored: on the weekends and evevings...but in the morning its actually good? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need anohter beer.

I swear to god I f I hear Pole hetfield or any other wiceg'er say bah it's good enough moose and all. I WILL show upto a meet and kick them round in the nuts! That means you joe! You fuggin brake hose baorrowing bastage!

Oh :censored::censored::censored::censored: (runs away)......

I won't leave it like that, I just am waiting until it is warmer out to take the UIM and LIM off and putting my SVT LIM and injectors in..... I will fix it so no kicking in the nuttys yet. Give me until SZ :D

For the record, I paid for that brake hose about 6 years ago now :confused: :laugh:.

My 3L has the moose too. Oh well, I just deal with it...it's hardly noticeable!! :laugh:

It's fun being a smartass

I don't go to meets anymore, so you can't kick me in the nuts :crazy:

I work that weekend. But I may have to swing by there and kick you moose lovers in the nutz.

You should name this car Testiclese.
seriously :D

nice pick up for a dd, man.
I'm gonna laugh if you eventually get too attached to it and make it another garage queen.

That's a great idea on the name for sure:laugh: but I'm sure he's going to drive the hell out of it, right?

Well, i started the tear-down of the t-red 3L tonight, and it's worse than I could have imagine. i found more loose bolt and plugs and flat out missing fasteners than i found good parts. The car was put together by a hack and Chad got screwed paying what he did for what he got. (for example, the UIM was completely missing a vac line retainer and the otehr one was shot, the lines pulled right out and were just one source of the massive vac leak that kept the car from idling.)

I pulled the engine harness, only to find that the engine bay/body harness is in just as bad of shape with bare wires everywhere. So tonight the decision was made that Ginger would donate all it's harnesses to the 98 so someone can have a reliable car free of the issues that plagued Chad. So, ginger, is officially dead to save the life of another.....

Back