• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just took delivery of my new t-red

I bought this one off of someone in Appleton.

The car needs a lot of miscelaneous work (ie the power antenna doesn't work), but most everything it needs i have on hand at the shop, wich only help me complete my goal of clearing out all my extra parts.

~Josh

Last edited:
Does it grind in third gear and have spray on it?

That's the one. I bought it less the nitrous and subs as i don't need the nitrous and I have a stereo to put in it. I have all the parts I think the car's going to need, we'll see as i tear it down.

if you dont mind me asking what did he end up letting it go for? It didnt look that bad I almost picked it up, I do like the E1's that are on it tho. Do you know how much of a drop that is on there?

It's got Intrax springs on it, and it's about 2" down all around. I love the way it looks. It's like how i had BLKOUT2 most of the time when it was on coil overs but the ride is super smooth.

I paid 1800, 1900 delivered to my house since i couldn't find a ride to go get it yesterday.

The car does have issues, but it's an 1800 SVT, so i'm not complaining. The interior is filthy wich can be fixed, but teh drivers front seat is trash, the e-brake doesn't work, the powr antenna is non functional...u get the point. The car has also been re-sprayed it seems, more on that to come. Basically when it's all said and done i'm hoping to walk away from this project with a nice reliable daily driver for no more than $2500....

I'm actually glad the car is in rough shape, odd as that may sound, but it does make me feel better about driving it year round. Had the car had a perfectly clean body and all that good stuff, I know I'd end up sticking it in the garage and buying another winter beater...

The tires are 100% front and 70% tread rear, wich is great because im not looking to buy tires. I just got done taking before pics and now i'm off to the shop to pick up some parts to start modding.

I've got a great pic coming for you....pulled off the air filter/maf to swap it ouy since the current one was hacked....and there's no driver side trans mount...:shocked:

I imagine the bolt sheared off and he just removed the top half :laugh:

I've got a great pic coming for you....pulled off the air filter/maf to swap it ouy since the current one was hacked....and there's no driver side trans mount...:shocked:

I imagine the bolt sheared off and he just removed the top half :laugh:

had the exact thing happen with my car. i was installing my CAI, and just pulled the trans mount out with my hand. the bolt sheared right off

Would love to see pics again, if you need any help with anything I would be more then willing to lend a hand, my dad owns a detail shop as well, if you need any help cleaning or fixing anything in the inside!

Swapped out the gauges this afternoon with the new set that i odometer matched out of BLKOUT, and all of a sudden had a brake light, ABS light and CEL. Looked at the old cluster and the bulbes were pulled out of all three on the old one. The seller made no mention of teh trouble prior to my buying the car. The car is throwing 4 codes....

P0401
P1400
P0171
p0174

The lean codes i'm assuming are a result of the nutrous he had on it plumbed all kinds of retarded. The had it spraying before the MAF....

The other two codes i sum up to a clogged up UIM and a dead DPFE sensor.

The back half of the interior is torn out as well as the center console as i begin cleaning and rebuilding. The car will now be recieving a two-tone black/tan interior, graphite wheels and engine bay components and graphite headlights as well as tinted tails and one of the three mirko's i have sitting around. It'll make a nice daily driver but is by no means a beauty queen.

Oh god! Hope the ABS isn't shot. Hopefully a hung up ebrake.

The e-brake actually does not go up....would this be my problem? I haven't gotten the car in the air yet to check out the cables or anything....your input please...

Pictures uploading now...

Last edited:
I'm now kinda glad I didnt pick this one up and waited. Why do you have 3 mirko's? I can take one off your hands :laugh: hmm what other parts do you have haha! He was emailing me and said he would let it go for 2200 but I wasn't into buying another project . Are you happy with the buy tho?

I'm now kinda glad I didnt pick this one up and waited. Why do you have 3 mirko's? I can take one off your hands :laugh: hmm what other parts do you have haha! He was emailing me and said he would let it go for 2200 but I wasn't into buying another project . Are you happy with the buy tho?

Overall yes, I just wish i would have known everything beforehand. I've set a budget limit on this car of $2400 total, so i've got $500 to spend here....

I'm thinking i've got some great ideas for this car and it'll be a nice driver once done. It will probably be down for a few weeks while i rebuild and investigate.

Never ran into one or heard of one not coming up. No matter what it sounds like you'll need a new one. Someone said Napa carries them. Better than a dealer.

Never ran into one or heard of one not coming up. No matter what it sounds like you'll need a new one. Someone said Napa carries them. Better than a dealer.

If you're refering to an e-brake system i'll just pull one at the local yard. as for an ABS unit i have on on hand at the shop if that proves to be the culprit.

Back