• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another Spec Stage 3+ failure

yeah specs option was another 3+ at a reduced price or going to a 4+ which would have a solid hub and full face. I would go with the 3+ again but I am not convinced that the same failure will not happen again. Although I can follow the reasons they have provided I still can't bring myself to believe that answer in light of the materials information that was found out.

It seems that you just need to start bugging Oleg at Clutchnet if you want anything done. He got my clutch and PP done faster than he quoted me so it was able to be installed this past weekend. The car hasn't been driven yet because the upper end needs to be installed and then the tune will be concentrated on. However, once it does I can let you all know how it feels.

well I have emailed him twice already and have not gotten a reply.

how did you special order your clutch? did you do something different?

It seems that you just need to start bugging Oleg at Clutchnet if you want anything done. He got my clutch and PP done faster than he quoted me so it was able to be installed this past weekend. The car hasn't been driven yet because the upper end needs to be installed and then the tune will be concentrated on. However, once it does I can let you all know how it feels.

So were you able to get a full faced red disc like you wanted?

Let us know how it drives, some of us are very interested :cool:

you ended up going with the 6 puck disk right?

shouldnt clutchnet probably just add the part we're asking for to their catalog since we comprise most of the aftermarket for this platform?

why's it have to be special order?

shouldnt clutchnet probably just add the part we're asking for to their catalog since we comprise most of the aftermarket for this platform?

why's it have to be special order?

Because they want to sell clutches. I know TRicker had his special made and it wasn't a problem at all when he ordered. He even got LARGE rivits put into his...something to think about since mine came out :laugh:

Because they want to sell clutches. I know TRicker had his special made and it wasn't a problem at all when he ordered. He even got LARGE rivits put into his...something to think about since mine came out :laugh:

well, they could always charge a little more for the good one.

doesnt effect me, since all I need is their off the shelf carbon yellow disk and an svt PP

just thought it could save some guys some trouble and maybe make a little money for clutchnet at the same time

well I should be getting a call from Oleg today about a full face clutch. I called yesterday but it must have been lunch time out in CA. So I sent an email and got an answer this time. So I am holding off on just buying the 6 puck for the moment to see what happens today.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Yeah like I said just keep on him and he'll get what you need. I spoke to him for about 20mins before we decided to go with the 6 puck. The car will be a weekender/fun balls out car so I didn't mind going with the 6 puck. Plus, by the time I was able to speak to him I was flirting with a fast approaching deadline to get the setup to me.

Here are some side by side shots of what I got and a Spec Stage3 that was made several years ago. It was in the car ~4 years ago and since then it's been hanging out not exploding since it was replaced by a Clutchmasters for some unknown reason.

Interestingly enough, it seems they will indeed make whatever you want. I didn't specify that I wanted a completely closed sprung hub but check out the last few pictures in this thread on Page 2.

We haven't started it up and driven yet so I can't comment on the drive-ability but that will come soon enough.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02307.JPG
    DSC02307.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02308.JPG
    DSC02308.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
great pics. the clutchnet disk does look really beefy against the spec disk.

does that spec clutch not have smaller springs inside of the larger springs?

Back