• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how to optimize a Y pipe

I was in the process of installing my BASSANI's, i had a big pro taking off the two main bolts from the Y-pip to the rest of the exhaust. i didnt have a lot of tools around so there was a lot of knocking and hammering involved.
I realized my Y- pips ear broke, and the gasket broke into pieces.
so now i decided to take the whole y pip off, hopefully everything goes smoothly. i am always having a hard time taking screws and bolts off my car ... super rusty...:mad:
QBSVT added a wtb Y-pip for me... i asked a lot of people if any is available.
beans might give me his, still dont know whats going on with that yet. but untill then i need this thing fixed.
so since i will have the whole thing in my hand... i was wondering how to optimize it.
I am pretty sure there is a thread for this somewhere, but i couldnt find it. send me a link or give me tips .. thanks a lot

- MO

thanks guys .. i hope the pics in that thread helps ..

There are no pics, i do know tha there was a great section on a finished y-pipe compared to a stock one. He also showed where to cut the y-pipe and everything.

I'll try searching for it, but its soo hard now, since everyone and anyone makes soo many useless threads on having wanting buying etc a y-pipe its a mess.:crazy:

harry if you do find the link (im going to look for it as well) can you PM it to me.

thanks in advance
that would be a great help .. i started working on it again ... but bolts were too rusty. i didnt have a lot of tools around. I will post some pics up in pics and video threads. it looks crazy.
i really do want to see a thread about this with pics ..

Back