• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mod: Mondeo Trip Computer, modified, the money shots!

nice work don! I just checked ebay UK and found like 5 trip computers for like £4.99 plus shipping. Was it fairly difficult to put together? Lot of wiring and work involved?

Now the trick is getting one of those crazy brits to ship it to the states :crazy:

Maybe we can find one of them that posts here to be a middle man.

Maybe we can find one of them that posts here to be a middle man.
i can't believe you're having trouble getting folks to ship them. If you are however.. i'll happily ship them out to you guys ...G.

Average speed MPH and time in 12hr can be done on 24hr clock as well
IMG_3259.jpg
just out of interest.. on the right hand side of the trip, the first function is the time.. on mine the second function is the day and the month... did you miss that out 'cos it's not all that interesting or do you not have it ? ..G.

The one time I wish I had a clock slot on my car. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

What all have you gotten it to do? Enquiring minds and all that stuff you know.

I haven't done anything. I just plugged it in where I used to have my clock. So the only features it has is the clock, calendar, and stop watch. The mileage and temp's don't work because it hasn't been wired and the temp sensor hasn't been purchased.

The one time I wish I had a clock slot on my car. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You don't have a slot?... oh you have the triple gauge setup there don't you :laugh: That's why you should get a Lotek pillar pod setup :D

interiormd7.jpg

I haven't done anything. I just plugged it in where I used to have my clock. So the only features it has is the clock, calendar, and stop watch. The mileage and temp's don't work because it hasn't been wired and the temp sensor hasn't been purchased.
You can get milage by tapping into pin 6 on the smaller connector on your instrument cluster.

Bringing back from the dead since I just got one too. Did we ever figure out if our PCMs have an output for fuel flow or if the fuel sender has one? I just got a package of the Trip computer, temp sensor and a fuel pump with the correct fuel sender on it. So I have everything you can have really...

Hey where did you get the Mondeo Trip computer?

Just got done installing my Mondeo Trip computer into my CSVT. I still need to wire up the extra sensor functions (project for another weekend), but the basic functions are fully functional. The trip computer has been modified with wide angle blue led's and reverse lcd film. Overall I'm extremely pleased with how well it turned out and how it flows with the rest of my interior.

Ebay UK. You can generally get the full computer/fuel sender/temp sensor for under $100 shipped to the USA. Pricey but pretty worth it IMO. Even without being able to wire up the MPG setting. Although I'm sure there is a fuel flow wire somewhere in the car, just a matter of finding it.

An how do you get your cluster an everything else light up light that???

Ebay UK. You can generally get the full computer/fuel sender/temp sensor for under $100 shipped to the USA. Pricey but pretty worth it IMO. Even without being able to wire up the MPG setting. Although I'm sure there is a fuel flow wire somewhere in the car, just a matter of finding it.

yeah, i know what you mean about the weather... it's snowing here in London right now ...brrrr

i was going to do this mod, but now my main fuel tank is an LPG tank which can't be wired in. I might plug in the temp. sensor just for bragging rights lol ....G.

Back