• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mod: Mondeo Trip Computer, modified, the money shots!

FYI: For those of you interested in obtaining a Mondeo trip computer, UK Ebay is your best source. Search "Mondeo trip computer" "mk2 trip computer" "Ghia trip computer". Many do not list shipping to North America, but I have found most will do it if you email them and politely ask.

To wire up the additional functions you will need to do one of two things. You can add wires to your exiting clock harness loom, or buy a cut loom with all the extra wires needed and simply cut out your clock harness replacing it with the Mondeo one. In most cases the cut loom is sold with the trip computer. I have only once ever seen the loom sold separately, so if you want the loom better to pay a little more and hold out for a listing that includes it.

Sean at ledmod can mod it with wide variety of colors aside from blue. Reverse lcd film works well with some colors and can be "less bright" with others so it's important to use bright wide angle led's when using reverse lcd film.

I just purchased one myself, and am getting the pieces together. I figured i would share some info. the PN listed in the Mirez website for the temperature sender (93BB-10K936-AA) crosses to the US- F8RZ-15A022-AA. from a 00-up focus and 99-up cougar.

I just purchased one myself, and am getting the pieces together. I figured i would share some info. the PN listed in the Mirez website for the temperature sender (93BB-10K936-AA) crosses to the US- F8RZ-15A022-AA. from a 00-up focus and 99-up cougar.

How did you find out what it crosses?

I've got a full list of European part numbers needed to do the semi auto climate control.

Nice job btw, greg!

How did you find out what it crosses?

I've got a full list of European part numbers needed to do the semi auto climate control.

Nice job btw, greg!

i have my sources! haha just bring the part numbers into a ford dealer, they should be able to check

so...... y'ever gonna do something that makes your car faster? or just keep messin with dash lighting..... ;) lol juuuuuust kidding bro

so...... y'ever gonna do something that makes your car faster? or just keep messin with dash lighting..... ;) lol juuuuuust kidding bro

Aside from getting a Xcal or fine tuning my non-dynoed ADC superchip with a tuner, there's not really anything left to do to mine to make it go faster. My performance mods list is pretty close to maxed for a N/A setup. A turbo or Supercharger is just too much money and effort for me to undertake at this point in time.

So yeah, I keep myself busy with the aesthetic fluff stuff and small projects :D

Yeah, I think you can use virtually any Ford OATS (Outside Ambient Tempature Sensor) with the Mondeo trip computer. Focus, Cougar, Lincoln xxx, etc. It's a very simple sensor.

Aside from getting a Xcal or fine tuning my non-dynoed ADC superchip with a tuner, there's not really anything left to do to mine to make it go faster. My performance mods list is pretty close to maxed for a N/A setup. A turbo or Supercharger is just too much money and effort for me to undertake at this point in time.

So yeah, I keep myself busy with the aesthetic fluff stuff and small projects :D

Bigger LIM? Optimized 65mm TB? Nitrous? I'm just going off of what I see on your car domain. Is it like a requirement to have a Bassani Catback if you have a Hybrid? :shrug: Me, you, starjammir... :laugh:

Bigger LIM? Optimized 65mm TB? Nitrous? I'm just going off of what I see on your car domain. Is it like a requirement to have a Bassani Catback if you have a Hybrid? :shrug: Me, you, starjammir... :laugh:

TB I have is optimized, however your right I dont have a bored out port matched LIM with knife edged butterflies. I dont have the tools or skill to pull that mod off myself and paying a shop to do it would yield a very poor performance to $$$ ratio. Harry had a set for sale a few weeks ago, but naturally I did not have the money to pick it up.

I need to update my Cardomain page. Have several new mods to add to the list and lots of new pics. Just need to button up my interior (New ebrake handle, leather goods, waiting on my Pre 98 console from JesusFreak) before I can update it the way I want to. I'll whore it out soon ;)

TB I have is optimized, however your right I dont have a bored out port matched LIM with knife edged butterflies. I dont have the tools or skill to pull that mod off myself and paying a shop to do it would yield a very poor performance to $$$ ratio. Harry had a set for sale a few weeks ago, but naturally I did not have the money to pick it up.

I sold that LIM that Harry, but it proved to be too big for his 2.5L, so he sold it. I had it on my non-PnP'd 3L for a while and it made a MAJOR difference. If I had been interested in keeping the car, it would have been great to dyno the car to see the actual gains, or better yet, get it retuned and dyno'd. If another one comes up, you should really try to get it.

I have always had thoughts of doing this mod too. Great job!!!

Also, I wish I could do the semi automatic climate control too. :)

My only fear of the semi auto climate control is that it is in Celsius and people on fordmondeo.org aren't sure you can change it to Fahrenheit lol

Nice looking trip meter, I love the one in my Cougar for daily driving.

Should be interesting to see what it can do now that a PnP'd 3L owner has it :ponder: ;)

Well, it's not Icefury, so I'm guessing you? I would have bought it back in a heartbeat if I intended to keep the car. It made messing with my dad and his Corvette much more enjoyable. ;)

My only fear of the semi auto climate control is that it is in Celsius and people on fordmondeo.org aren't sure you can change it to Fahrenheit lol
There is a lot involved in doing this conversion, 4 sensors, a flap motor and a fan speed control monitor. I also think a different bezel would also look better than ours but since mine is "wood" I haven't decided what to do. I am not too worried about the Celcious thing as a simple conversion can be done and it will confuse people when they see the temp set at 21.
I will soon have the control unit with the knobs and am gathering the rest of the parts.

There is a lot involved in doing this conversion, 4 sensors, a flap motor and a fan speed control monitor. I also think a different bezel would also look better than ours but since mine is "wood" I haven't decided what to do. I am not too worried about the Celcious thing as a simple conversion can be done and it will confuse people when they see the temp set at 21.
I will soon have the control unit with the knobs and am gathering the rest of the parts.

haha, yeah I've looked into all of it. I almost pulled the trigger and bought all the parts in one auction on ebay germany but I didn't feel like doing a bank transfer to pay for it.

Back