• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo list

I do agree with BAD SVT on the fact that even at 300whp its hard to keep traction till you hit 3rd gear. I couldnt imagine 400whp, I will be there one day but wow when I do get there, guess I will invest in tires.

I must agree with Blackcoog, playing with the daily driver is a gamble. You might get lucky like 111R and not encounter any problems or you could have the luck I have had with my Mustang................

been there, done that- maybe it's just a mustang thing?

Round 1:
stock block, crank, rods, forged pistons
AFR 165 heads, ARP head studs
6000 miles at 8 psi. no tune, timing locked at 24 degrees
blew headgasket and took a chunk out of heads

Round 2:
Same engine, cometic head gaskets, welded and decked heads
upgrade to 60 lb injectors, diablo chip
chip fried, ran injectors wide open, ruined cylinder walls
0 miles

Round3:
stock honed block, ground and polished stock crank, stock rods
500 miles, lost compression in cylinders 4 and 8, sold car without taking apart

Forced induction on a daily driver is a huge risk. As pope said, if this was my only car i would have been in big trouble.

Ive heard that a SPEC Flywheel wouldnt be a good idea if going turbocharged... Heard of some stalling issues and 1st/2nd gear driveablility would be a PITA.

I have installed one with my 3.0L build and Im thinking to remove it and put a stock one back in place while my quaife will be installed.

Anybody is charged with a aftermarker flywheel ? Could share his experience...

Ive heard that a SPEC Flywheel wouldnt be a good idea if going turbocharged... Heard of some stalling issues and 1st/2nd gear driveablility would be a PITA.

I have installed one with my 3.0L build and Im thinking to remove it and put a stock one back in place while my quaife will be installed.

Anybody is charged with a aftermarker flywheel ? Could share his experience...

shouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

Back