• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Mod: Mondeo Trip Computer, modified, the money shots!

... we are getting your weather from 5-7 days ago. I'm watching the ABC news and looking to see what weather to expect next week !! ...G.

Dom over at FCO has all functions wired up on his trip computer, fuel readouts included. He's suppose to be posting the details soon.

Yeah I PM'd him but no response yet. Hopefully he gets back to me or gets that write up done soon. I'm going to put in a warp free dash in the spring and I REALLY want to be able to do this then.

Dom over at FCO has all functions wired up on his trip computer, fuel readouts included. He's suppose to be posting the details soon.
It sure will be interesting to see what he has come up with. It would also be interesting to see if there is some way to compensate for different tire sizes. The milage and mpg will only be accurate if the Mondeo had the same tire size as our cars.

Just checking, the mirez how to for the VSS is correct? Or shoud I just bug into pin 6 on the small cluster plug for the VSS signal? Is pin 6 actually the VSS signal? Just want to make sure so I don't crosswire anything. I have mine installed with basic functions, very fun when you don't have a dash clock lol. Luckily, it is stupid easy to bug into the radio power and everything there is nice and color coded.

We finally have a solution for wiring in the Fuel related readouts on the trip computer! Best part is, NO Mondeo fuel sending unit or other exotic parts needed!

post-1032-125618229082.jpg

TripFuel1.jpg

M2Trip.jpg

Fuel Flow = Throttle position output wire. This has to be tapped into at the TPS - Solid White wire.

Fuel Remaining = Instrument cluster harness, pin #7 (White/Red - Fuel Level)

VSS = Instrument cluster harness, pin #6 (White/Blue - VSS)

Outside Tempature = ANY Ford OATS (Outside Ambient Tempature Sensor). Installed in engine bay, wired into Pin 14 & 15. (Note: Contour/Mystique does not have this part, you will need to buy one from Ford or salvage one from a junkyard).

All other wiring information is covered in the UK written (Mirez) How To....

http://www.mirez.co.uk/Trips.htm

Special THANKS to BuckeyeSVT (Dom) @ FCO for figuring out the fuel related readouts and sharing with the rest of us!

if someone does a group buy for this item .. count me in

No such thing. This is a used part off the 2nd generation Mondeo found in UK & Europe. As I pointed out eariler in this thread the best place to buy one is off UK Ebay. Most of the listings say shipping only to the UK, but most will ship to the U.S. if you email and ask them to.

Hell yeah! I can't wait to wire mine up now. It's installed but I haven't wired anything additional or switched out the lighting to match my red LEDs yet. I should be doing it this weekend if I have time.

No such thing. This is a used part off the 2nd generation Mondeo found in UK & Europe. As I pointed out eariler in this thread the best place to buy one is off UK Ebay. Most of the listings say shipping only to the UK, but most will ship to the U.S. if you email and ask them to.

I've been searching for a few days, but most don't come with the pigtail. Is there another source for the pigtail? I'm assuming our connector is not compatible?

Also where is everyone getting the outside air
temp sensor? My wording on eBay must not be right :blackeye:

I've been searching for a few days, but most don't come with the pigtail. Is there another source for the pigtail? I'm assuming our connector is not compatible?

Also where is everyone getting the outside air
temp sensor? My wording on eBay must not be right :blackeye:

our clock pigtail will work, but will not have all of the wires.

temp sensor can come from any ford with one, the cougar has one that most grab it from.

our clock pigtail will work, but will not have all of the wires.

temp sensor can come from any ford with one, the cougar has one that most grab it from.

There are a few cougars at the local yards, so that shouldn't be a problem. Where exactly is the sensor located on the cougar? Is there a picture/how-to?

Back