• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can the SVT beat him?

CSVTkid

CEG'er
a kid at my school has a GST Eclipse and i thinks its year is a 96, is it overall faster then my stock 99 contour svt, im thinking it can but not sure...........

ha this is all the stuff i ripped from his myspace

t/3 t/4 60 trim turbo
hks bov
front mount with custom piping
255 walbro fuel pump
550cc injectors
turbonetics manfiold
38mm wastegate
turbo xs boost controler
apexi safc2
sloted rotors 2.5 exhaust all they way through
new tranny
act 2 stage clutch
aftermarket shift bushings
deep cycle
injen intake
17inch motegi mr rims
slotted rotors

Not cars with turbos and Awd! :troutslap:

GST = FWD........GSX = AWD. Just a little FYI.

Also to answer the orginal question, no your SVT will not beat a slightly moded GST. Your only hope is that with his mods he has a sh*tty tune and that the 7-bolt crank walks like a mother f*cker, then maybe you will win. Don't get me wrong the SVT's are semi quick, but they are by far not the fastest thing on the street.

well look at it this way. my friend has a tsi talon. we put a 16g big turbo on it with a vta bov, so his computer is freaking out all the time about lost metered air, and an after market exhaust, and its right the with my 3L yes my 3L is only 9:1 static compression but hes running at 10 psi. a front mount and solid piping will make a big difference. unless he doesnt know how to drive the thing HE WILL WALK YOU! especially if its AWD and not like my friends FWD.

EDIT: rob you beat me to it..... but my friends is a 7 bolt and its fine does it help that it only has 56k on it lol. yes 7 bolts are worse but were trying to make a 7 bolt tsi talon haul so we are the only ones that dont do a 6 bolt swap.

P.S. to reiterate everything............................................HE WILL WALK YOU LIKE A POODLE!!!!!!

Last edited:
The two cars are fairly similar stock perfomance wise. But all those cars need is a boost controler and it is over. Just pray that something breaks while he is driving it if you want to win

Watched a GSX scatter its 7 bolt all over the 1/4 mile once..........was an amazing thing. Guy claims his boost guage hit 28#...........not sure about that one considering stock turbo.

I mean, it could be. I dont know much about eclipses. Maybe I'm missing something, but that turbo will make 450 hp easily.

I know they changed them from the 1G DSM's turbos. They went to a smaller, faster spooling turbo but it didn't make as much power as the first one. Time to look it up again....haven't messed with DSM's in a while LOL

got a friend with a 1G TSI w/ stock turbo........claims it will hit 15 if he really pushes.....dunno though!

my friend ran a personal best of 15.2 with his stock talon before we started modding it.

EDIT: do you mean times or boost. if your talking about boost its called creep i believe. it would peak at 15 but go down to 12. most stock turbos for these cars do this.

my friend ran a personal best of 15.2 with his stock talon before we started modding it.

EDIT: do you mean times or boost. if your talking about boost its called creep i believe. it would peak at 15 but go down to 12. most stock turbos for these cars do this.

Boost......and yeah, about the creep thing, thats what he said.

my friend had a 1g plymouth laser rs turbo. he had an upgraded turbo on it. i believe a ported 14b or 14g w/e they are. its one size up from stock and the housing was reworked to be considered a "big" dsm factory turbo. w/e. anyways, he boosted it up to 15 psi. was dead even to my 2.5 SVT and a 50 shot. that was when my motor was really healty. i had all the bolt ons and he just had the turbo and a cat-back. his car spun through the first two gears though so that's how i stayed with him. he caught me at about 100 (end of the 1/4)

Unfortunately not even some of the heavily modded tours can compete with a slightly modded DSM. My roommate runs a 20g turbo upgraded from a t-25, a catback exhaust and a boost controller basically and he pulls me everywhere as soon as he spools. I've seen him take down M3's, Cobra's, even some stock Vettes. His car is easily a mid-12 sec car, and it's still only fwd with no lsd. An awd version would do twice the damage because it can actually gain traction. These cars have the same iron blocked turbo engine found in the Evo's up until the IX's they are very quick and hard to beat with any contour, so watch out. I fyou really wanna take one out try taking them through some corners or doing some top speed runs. They can't handle very well, even the AWD versions, and they're top speed limited to 130 I believe. Plus in my roommates car anything over 100mph feels like body panels or floorboards are gonna start ripping off.:laugh:

Last edited:
Back