• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can the SVT beat him?

His car is easily a mid-12 sec car, and it's still only fwd with no lsd. An awd version would do twice the damage because it can actually gain traction. If you really wanna take one out try taking them through some corners or doing some top speed runs. They can't handle very well, even the AWD versions, and they're top speed limited to 130 I believe. Plus in my roommates car anything over 100mph feels like body panels or floorboards are gonna start ripping off.:laugh:

1) Is this a 12 sec car with slips to prove it or is this in your opinion? Cause I've been in a lot of "12 sec DSM's" which in reality are 13-14 sec cars if they even make it down the track.

2) "Twice the damage", so are we looking at a 6 sec car if it was AWD? Lets be honest, its all in the driver along with the set up.

3) They actually don't handle to bad, I would suggest a set of Eibach's/Tein's and some sort of adjustable strut. This would make it handle just as well as the SVT's. Now don't get me wrong the SVT's are great handling cars, but the BAT kits make them even better. Plus DSM's can do long sweeping right hand turns at high speeds, where the Contour fails. See even Ford has there faults.

4) Who cares that a DSM can make it up to 130mph? Where are you really going to go to get up to speeds that fast and be safe about it? Stupid moves like this are how people get hurt, trust me on this. Don't risk others for a d*ck measuring contest.

5) Of course at 100mph a DSM would feel like it's going to fall apart, it's a DSM!!!! They aren't a Bentley or Caddy.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 14b is a stock DSM turbo!!!!

Thank you, rant over.

14b was the stock turbo on DSM's until 1995 then they switched to a t25 for faster spool-up and better driveability.
Twice the damage is a relative comparison it wasn't literal, WTH is wrong with you? Haven't you ever had someone use an exaggerated comparison? What blasphemy did I spew saying that DSM's can't handle or at least not as well as an SVT contour? It's true. What are you an idiot? SVT's have a higher top end then DSM's at least stock/lightly modded ones. Please do some research and have a real point before you go on another retarded rant.

As for my roommates car, no i don't have slips. But is it hard to believe that someone can have a 12 second eclipse without slips? I don't know what the deal is down in philly but here in CT it's almost assumed that any turbo elcipse/talon/laser is close to if not already a 12 sec car. For more reference look at my roommates mod list or visit our local DSM website. They'll definitely quell any qualms you have with my info.

www.ccdsm.net
http://ccsucarclub.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1120

Last edited:
woah now dont go getting your panties in a bunch. now you know deep down that everyone hates dsm's. to prove my point ive copied a sig from your friends profile:
DSM's: Turning normal people into wrench throwing alcoholics since 1989
from this what can we get besides that he has a decently modified DSM. what does DSM stand for
1.) devour's **** monthly
2.) disappoints some morons
3.) devour's some motors
from these we know DSM's are nothin but trouble. yes its a quick dsm but its like being in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarted.

now for you who think im harsh with words i appoligize, i just thought id break the tension. calm down, take a breath, and relax.

a kid at my school has a GST Eclipse and i thinks its year is a 96, is it overall faster then my stock 99 contour svt, im thinking it can but not sure...........
I don't know...it just seems funny that with one exception, none of your mods even concern the drivetrain and then you stack your list against this guy's. :crazy: Maybe it's just me.
Karl

14b was the stock turbo on DSM's until 1995 then they switched to a t25 for faster spool-up and better driveability.
Twice the damage is a relative comparison it wasn't literal, WTH is wrong with you? Haven't you ever had someone use an exaggerated comparison? What blasphemy did I spew saying that DSM's can't handle or at least not as well as an SVT contour? It's true. What are you an idiot? SVT's have a higher top end then DSM's at least stock/lightly modded ones. Please do some research and have a real point before you go on another retarded rant.

As for my roommates car, no i don't have slips. But is it hard to believe that someone can have a 12 second eclipse without slips? I don't know what the deal is down in philly but here in CT it's almost assumed that any turbo elcipse/talon/laser is close to if not already a 12 sec car. For more reference look at my roommates mod list or visit our local DSM website. They'll definitely quell any qualms you have with my info.

What the hell is wrong with me? Well nothing really, I have a beautiful g/f, wonderful family & friends, and a great job...though I do enjoy e-thuggin on the side. None the less; yes I have heard of an "over exaggerated comparison", but I just just wanted to see if it was a high HP monster or just the usual exaggeration. As far as my retarded rant and having a point, I'm pretty sure I made fine points, but if you would like to point out my "retarded" ones I would love to clear them up for you. Also yes it is hard for me to believe that your roommates car is a 12 sec car with out proof. I've heard so many DSMers telling me "how fast and how much HP their car is", when in reality its the most poorly built thing I've ever seen. So to clairify, yes I do not believe what I can not see. Lastly I'm not sure what the deal is down here in Philly either, I've only been here about 2 months. I'm from the other side of the state. I'll see if I can find out the deal here though, and you do the same. I do know that it's a pretty dirty city and there are a lot of murders, but not that every DSM here is a 12 sec car.....that's just reality.

What the hell is wrong with me? Well nothing really, I have a beautiful g/f, wonderful family & friends, and a great job...though I do enjoy e-thuggin on the side. None the less; yes I have heard of an "over exaggerated comparison", but I just just wanted to see if it was a high HP monster or just the usual exaggeration. As far as my retarded rant and having a point, I'm pretty sure I made fine points, but if you would like to point out my "retarded" ones I would love to clear them up for you. Also yes it is hard for me to believe that your roommates car is a 12 sec car with out proof. I've heard so many DSMers telling me "how fast and how much HP their car is", when in reality its the most poorly built thing I've ever seen. So to clairify, yes I do not believe what I can not see. Lastly I'm not sure what the deal is down here in Philly either, I've only been here about 2 months. I'm from the other side of the state. I'll see if I can find out the deal here though, and you do the same. I do know that it's a pretty dirty city and there are a lot of murders, but not that every DSM here is a 12 sec car.....that's just reality.

You do realize they are low 15 sec to high 14 sec cars stock...correct? A boost controler can get them down to low mid 14 secs. A simple turbo and intercooler upgrade with injectors and some exhaust work with good driving is all that is needed to hit low 13's.

You do realize they are low 15 sec to high 14 sec cars stock...correct? A boost controler can get them down to low mid 14 secs. A simple turbo and intercooler upgrade with injectors and some exhaust work with good driving is all that is needed to hit low 13's.

Yes I do know that. However, not every DSM owner has the money for a different turbo and a front mount. Nor do they know who and where to get them correctly tuned once they do get the money for these mods. i.e. They get the mods, but aren't getting everything out of them. Also just like you (and I've said before) a good driver is needed.

FYI. We had a dyno day a few years back, and the guy doing the tuning strapped a beat ass, stock, mid-90's eclipse he just picked for his girlfriend to the rollers and put down 230 to the wheels...

FYI. We had a dyno day a few years back, and the guy doing the tuning strapped a beat ass, stock, mid-90's eclipse he just picked for his girlfriend to the rollers and put down 230 to the wheels...

What kind of dyno? Cause it was reading high unless the car had slight mods to it and the guy was bluffing that it was stock. Stock 2G's has 210hp and 1G's had 195hp. This was what the factory said, so we all know once it got to wheels it wasn't that much. Just like Ford claimed the SVT's had 195-200hp depending on the year and they definitely weren't making that on the dyno's.

Believe me I'm not trying to say your lying, rather that the dyno was off or the owner was lying that it was stock.

crankwalk.jpg

you would loose out right, it wouldnt even be a competition, you would probably even loose against a stock GS-T, if it was a coop. i did win against a stock GST convertable only cuz of the extra weight added on from the convertable equipment that is added to the car. if i remember correctly, the convertable weighs close to 4000lbs, thats according to edmunds.com

you would loose out right, it wouldnt even be a competition, you would probably even loose against a stock GS-T, if it was a coop. i did win against a stock GST convertable only cuz of the extra weight added on from the convertable equipment that is added to the car. if i remember correctly, the convertable weighs close to 4000lbs, thats according to edmunds.com

Did you even read the rest of this thread. A stock DSM and a stock SVT run almost the exact same 1/4 mile.

DSM's have a lot of aftermarket and are very fast. i actually had a 99 GST eclipse for about two months. they are fast. but a heavily modded CSVT is pretty fast. think about it. Demon runs a 13.4 N/A? no N/A eclipse or talon is going to do that!~ and let a turboed eclipse run a turboed CSVT? not even close except from a dig!

Should you race that guy? probably not. and if you do, don't be sad if you lose. but your also in a "sport sedan" when he's in a "sport coupe" so you have more weight to lug around too. all i know really is i wouldnt trade my car for a DSM. no thank yah

Back