• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can the SVT beat him?

DSM's have a lot of aftermarket and are very fast. i actually had a 99 GST eclipse for about two months. they are fast. but a heavily modded CSVT is pretty fast. think about it. Demon runs a 13.4 N/A? no N/A eclipse or talon is going to do that!~ and let a turboed eclipse run a turboed CSVT? not even close except from a dig!

Apples and oranges on the NA arguement. Demon has a non facatory 3.0l. vs a factory 2.0 or 1.8 liter. Of couse he would kill them. 200+ hp vs 135 or 95 hp....no brainer there. The DSM engines were designed for turbos, plain and simple, so why take out a main component of their design? That is like saying a Turboed DSM will kill a NA ztec tour.

Year/Make/Model/0-60/Quarter Mile

1989 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 7.2 15.8
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T 7.4 15.9
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T (Auto) 7.4 15.5 (MT June, 94)
1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.9 15.2
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 7.0 15.3
1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo 6.7 15.3 (MT Sept, 92)
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.8 15.2
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 9.0 16.6
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 6.4 14.9

Last edited:
according to those timeslips, we should be dead even to them?

What have I been saying :shrug: :laugh: Stock for stock we are fairly even with them. But they have the wonderful world of FI and usable traction for when they mod. Then they break. :laugh:

It's the most fun thing on the internet that there is... and as was stated earlier, there's a lot more 13-second cars out there than there are 13-second drivers.

I agree. Because on the internet everyone owns a 12 second dyno-queen Supra.

A boost controller on a DSM is better then a 3liter swapped tour. Non-turbo's are slow and can be taken by stock non-svt v6's.

Stock for stock the two cars are about equal, but the post isn't about a stock for stock race. The tour would get pwned period against a modded DSM. Someone actually do some research and then post.

Stock for stock the two cars are about equal, but the post isn't about a stock for stock race. The tour would get pwned period against a modded DSM. Someone actually do some research and then post.

Maybe you missed the point of comparing them stock for stock. If they're neck and neck with us stock, then they'd easily beat the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of us if they're lightly modded.

this is hillarious
i love it when people take up for ugly chick cars

stfu.gif

That is like saying a Turboed DSM will kill a NA ztec tour.

While I agree with your intent, technically, now you are comparing stock for stock in two variants. which is NOT like comparing a non stock larger engine, versus a non-stock (removed turbo) smaller engine. :)

I haven't been stock since birth, baby.

I have MUCH less drag than you (Hey.. we can't ALL be gargantuans).. I've had the entire chassis trimmed down, remove MOST of the carpetting, and got rid of the MUCH heavier front.. hood... when I was born.

:D :D :D :D I can piss MUCH further than you think.

I haven't been stock since birth, baby.

I have MUCH less drag than you (Hey.. we can't ALL be gargantuans).. I've had the entire chassis trimmed down, remove MOST of the carpetting, and got rid of the MUCH heavier front.. hood... when I was born.

:D :D :D :D I can piss MUCH further than you think.

Ray, this is on of the funniest posts, ever! Course, now we all know a tad too much about you. :laugh:

Back