• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

July Meet

:shocked: yea, I hope to help. I really enjoy working on cars and I would like to work on more and learn more about them also. I find I learn a lot quickier with hands on experience and getting dirty too haha!!!!! :laugh:

by the way, i dont have a press so I cant do wheel bearings.

Oh :shocked: ok

Also I haven't decided a time everyone that we are meeting, depending on if people want to meet there or meet near OSV so we can all arrive together and park together (Does anyone have any suggestions) It opens at 9:30 so I'm thinking like 10/10:30 till maybe like 3ish, we can eat at Picadillys then follow Turbo Fox back to his house since he's joining us for dinner but not OSV. I'll also keep a eye out on the weather and I will post a rain date maybe for Sunday the 20th if need be. Pm me for turbo fox's address also :laugh:

Oh :shocked: ok

Also I haven't decided a time everyone that we are meeting, depending on if people want to meet there or meet near OSV so we can all arrive together and park together (Does anyone have any suggestions) It opens at 9:30 so I'm thinking like 10/10:30 till maybe like 3ish, we can eat at Picadillys then follow Turbo Fox back to his house since he's joining us for dinner but not OSV. I'll also keep a eye out on the weather and I will post a rain date maybe for Sunday the 20th if need be. Pm me for turbo fox's address also :laugh:

Five hours? I think after that long my 19th century wool underwear would start to ride up. I say we hit the pub at 1:00. :cool: :D

Ok it was just a estimate. Geesh Laura. HAHA!!!!, I bet. I just don't want us all to be rushed that's all. Should I make reservations or can we all just walk in because on the first page is all the people that are going right now. :shrug:

Ok it was just a estimate. Geesh Laura. HAHA!!!!, I bet. I just don't want us all to be rushed that's all. Should I make reservations or can we all just walk in because on the first page is all the people that are going right now. :shrug:

I think it's a coin toss. I assume you mean for the restaurant, not Sturbridge Village. Restaurants of that stripe seldom take reservations -- best you could hope for is call ahead seating. That might not be a bad idea.

I think it's a coin toss. I assume you mean for the restaurant, not Sturbridge Village. Restaurants of that stripe seldom take reservations -- best you could hope for is call ahead seating. That might not be a bad idea.

Yes I mean for the restaurant haha. I'm not trying to make this that confusing :laugh:. I plan to have everyone meet there about 10-10:30 and then depending on how much we all want to do there we can go to eat like 1 or 1:30 but we can decide when we are at OSV when we are leaving. Thats fine. I might call ahead like a week or so before hand I guess to let them now, is that enough time?

...is that enough time?

Sure would be. I'll lay 8 to 5 that they only will take a call a couple hours in advance, though. But calling to find out certainly wouldn't hurt. I don't expect they'll have a problem seating 10ish people.

*sigh* I can't make it. Big Y is going to have me working 1-10 that day because EIGHT...yes EIGHT other head cashiers/booth clerks are on vacation that week. I gave them hell telling them that I don't even take a vacation and that I think I should be entitled to the day off I want but I guess not :nonono:.

*sigh* I can't make it. Big Y is going to have me working 1-10 that day because EIGHT...yes EIGHT other head cashiers/booth clerks are on vacation that week. I gave them hell telling them that I don't even take a vacation and that I think I should be entitled to the day off I want but I guess not :nonono:.

goon
why did you wait so long to request the day off?

You're still at Y? Please tell me you're doing some field-related internships as well?
I was so screwed over when I graduated and went to look for real jobs, and prospective employers asked me about my lack of experience....

You're still at Y? Please tell me you're doing some field-related internships as well?
I was so screwed over when I graduated and went to look for real jobs, and prospective employers asked me about my lack of experience....
Of course...I am working at a contractor right now as well. Pretty cool :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

And as for waiting so long, I had asked a little while ago, but they said it was unlikely, and I just found out today that it was a no. I'm getting highly aggravated with this stupid grocery store. I am not a fan of a few members of management...

I'm getting highly aggravated with this stupid grocery store. I am not a fan of a few members of management...

East longmeadow big y was no different. i helped them out in many situations.. coming in for extra days when other people called out, and the one day i try to call out because i hurt my neck, i was told i couldn't. it wasnt a special holiday/busy day or anything either.

and thats why i only gave them 4 days notice when i left. i dont want that :censored: as a reference

And what sucks, too, is that I was planning on having my rear disc conversion by then and I could bring it up for the "mod meet" afterwards. Stupid grocery stores.

Ian, I'm sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to seeing you. I hope to see you soon and I hope things are going well with you. Brian and I really need to get together with you soon and have you over :laugh:

Put me down to go, cant wait to meet some CEG PEEP, also ill be bringing my friend who also has a contour !

Back