• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for the right SVT...

by the way I think that car is over priced, for $6k you can get a csvt with every modifcation you want besides a turbo, even a 3L, someone is selling one in Alabama for $5500 obo, its worth it to look around and drive too, because you're going to end up putting a bunch of money in aftermarket parts most likely, so getting one with them done already will save you big time. That car has pretty nice wheels and a few nice mods but wait until you find the one you really want.

honestly. if your going to buy a contour, don't even look at mileage. look at what's been replaced. BUY A 3l SWAPPED CAR!!!! yes, it will have been worked on. but if you looked at my 3L you would never know the difference until you hit the gas!

these parts will fail eventually:

water pump (plastic impellar melts)
IMRC (intake manifold runner control box will quit working)
Lower Control Arm Bushings (they just rot out and flex basically)
Differential (kaboom? lol)
Shift tower bolt (shears off losing all gear selection)
Roll resistors (they don't work so well when the rubber gets weathered)
Shift Cables (at times they can break off unless updated or year 2000)

there are more things to worry about. these cars can be fun, but also can be a pain.

i recommend buying a 3L swapped car from someone on the board with as many replaced/ updated parts as you can get, and hopefully a LSD installed.

Back