• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo Project: Progress Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawBurt

Hard-core CEG'er
I thought it would be pretty cool if I documented my progress on my turbo install day by day. This could also help aid others in the future. And be a fun thread to follow, so kick back and enjoy.

After talking to Burrita to find out that I would be getting my kit very shortly, I figured I could get some things out of the way to help smooth things out.

I've already relocated my battery. My next step I did was remove the fuel injectors. The UIM/ LIM rebuild howto is very helpful, FWIW.

Here is the last time my SVT will be N/A, I had to take it out for one more spin before the turbo : )

DCFC0516.jpg

Good place for the dist. block to be out of the way.

DCFC0518.jpg

Fuel injectors out. remember UIM/ LIM rebuild how to really helps.

DCFC0517.jpg

The goodies in the trunk. I'm painting the UIM, TB, and MAF gun metal. The valve covers will be painted red.

DCFC0519.jpg

Tommorow I'll either be dropping the oil pan or doing the painting, depending on the weather.

Did you really label the 6 uim bolts? Good luck....

i lol'ed when i saw that as well. good luck with the install, oh chafed one.

if i were you, i'd hold off on this thread until you're done. that way future turbo installers won't have to sift through 13 pages of "looks good" comments. ;)

yeah dude! hes gonna be haulin like a mofo when he hits the dear he couldnt see 10ft in front of him! woohoo!

If you want to start a freaking HID/ headlight dispute, take it somewhere else! My setup has been covered 5 ****ing thousand times, and it has nothing to do with this thread. :nonono: some of you people are unbelievable

Once again, KEEP THIS THREAD ON TRACK!!!

... bolded for the people that need the extra help in life.

Once again, KEEP THIS THREAD ON TRACK!!!

... bolded for the people that need the extra help in life.

sooo... what... only "ooohs" and "aaaahs" are allowed to be posted? what else did you expect? this is going to be a three month long thread, you'll have lots of off topic replies.

Whoa, chill with the defensiveness, You know these guys by now. You'd think a community as small as "Ford Contour enthusiasts" would be a little more supportive of their fellow cult members. Best of luck with the turbo build and try your best to ignore negative comments. Also, you're headlights suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back