• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what is better

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Go back one page and read the stickies and frequently asked questions at the top of the page. If you have more questions after that, use the search function, if you have more questions after that, then post. Not trying to be a ****head, just letting you know that the info. is already available for you. Welcome to CEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize now that you may not be able to view the old forums where most of the info. is located. Sooooooo, there are a few different options to go with, but the heavy hitters on this forum will probably agree to one particular set up for power and reliabilty. Use any 2001 and up duratech motor from a Taurus, Sable, or Escape. Utilize the SVT cams and port match so you can use the SVT upper intake manifold. Visit Warmongers page and DemonSVT's webpage for good, in-depth information supplemental to the info. found on this site.

Last edited:
Hello Ray. First post here? Welcome aboard.

If your idea of "power off the line" is drag racing, that raises a few topics: Your stock differential may grenade.
You'll have crazy wheel hop to address.
And you'll need traction.
A hybrid 3.0L with those fixes should be a lot of fun.

which is better

which is better

thanx for the reply.I guess i will just run the 3.0 with the stock heads and the svt cams.of course port and polish to match the svt intake

Back