• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

I have a number of pet peeves
1 Really old people that really should NOT be driving.:nonono:
2 People that drive10-15-20 or more UNDER the posted speed limit (usually really old people
3 People that drive in 2 lanes at the same time.
4 the person on the right of you that turns left!! Right in front of you..cutting you off BIG time:eek:
5 your in a hurry...just put gas in your car... want to pay...and the moron in front of you is buying and scratching of lottery ticket ,after lottery ticket,after lottery ticket.:mad:
6 How long it takes... and how slowwwww unemployment is when you make a claim!! Been waiting for over 4 weeks now!!! Got NO money!!! :cry:

When I keep finding hack jobs on my car from the previous owner.

The most recent of which is my spoiler. MarcMiller pointed out the fact that it was strange that I have both a window 3rd light and a spoiler brake light. Upon closer inspection, the spoiler was screwed onto the trunk, and the wiring is not even connected. The trunk is all rusted out where they drilled holes and screwed the spoiler down. :mad: Now I need a whole new trunk!

My only guess is that an 18 year old ricer owned this car.

List of hack jobs:

• Cut a hole in the SVT air box, most likely to "improve air flow" or "make it sound better".
  • Rear PCV hose was hanging down under the car - "What is this hose? I guess I'll let it hang down under the car."
  • "Custom short throw shifter" with reverse lock out removed - "I want to make this shorter... I guess I'll have some one cut half out and weld it back together."
  • Front valve cover appearance cover - "Dang! I lost the bolts to hold this cover on! I guess I'll drill new holes and put huge screws in it!" - The holes are so crooked that they drilled through the side of the bolt mountings.
  • Jacked up spoiler - "Man! I want a wing to look cool! I guess I'll find a piece of junk at the junkyard and screw it on. I don't feel like wiring it in!" - Thank god they didn't wire it in, I can only imagine how bad that would be!
So I guess you could say young ricers (any ricer really) who mess up nice cars because they don't know what they are doing.

i wouldnt consider a contour a "nice" car.
:nonono: :phave you seen some of the cars on here:shrug:you just got a lemon and don't know what your missing ;) that said I hate when it gets so hot that the grease leaks out of my ball joints and onto my rims:mad:

CRGkart44
user_offline.gif

Hard-core CEG'er

icon1.gif

eh.. who cares..

its a pre 98 that needs tires and some rust repair :D

although it is a very nice pre98
1999 Tour SE Sport MTX "Isabell" Sold 2/18/09

people who open their car doors way to fast and far and hit my car. When i bought my car in Feb. there wasnt a dent or ding on it. Now i have 2 friggen door dings on it.. :(

when I take my head unit out of the dash and start checking wire's before I remembered to check the reset button:blackeye:

I think he mean the anti-rattle spring/clip on the calipers. But both types suck.

Bingo! I know they are there for a reason, and they work, but they are such a PITA. They are easy to put on if you have nice pliers handy, but some times I don't plan ahead and forget certain tools.

Yeah, drum brake springs suck too. Thank god I've got 4 wheel disc....if only the car was on the road.:laugh:

After I bought my SVT home we discovered that the caliper spring was missing. To compensate, the caliper bracket had twisted. The brake pads themselves became wedge-shaped. That bracket would no longer fit and had to be replaced when I bought new pads and rotors.

people who pull out in front of me where i have to slam on the brakes.

i really hate it when i have a cake in my passanger seat. and get frosting EVERYWHERE

Back