• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OK, we didn't kill the entire car..... trailer project

Come to SZ poophead
2.5 hour drive for you. Come on. Come on, do it.
Do it, do it!
Do it, do it!
Do it, do it!
Do it, do it!

sorry kim (and not to hijack the thread), I won't be at spring zing this year even though I actually own a tour now... I don't think the cougar would understand if I went and skipped out on its 10th birthday. Plus I had this big birthday party planned for it with all these people coming in for it (in alot of ways its as disturbing as making a matching tour trailer)

so if anyone from the chicago land isn't going, the party is on the 16th.

got one with the trailer in-tow. used all of my skills this time:

trailered.jpg

i like the idea of a color-matched trailer hitch

Holy man, if it was only that easy :crazy:. BTW I have the svt hitch that goes below the bumper, not through the rear mesh :D Nice work ;)

I think the whole reason I have some disdain for this project is that the "front" of the trailer is plain. I think some sort of window would break it up. That's just my .02.

this is pretty sweet! not gonna lie wish i had one of these for my sable, but i dont think my tranny or my wallet would be able to handle it lol

I think the whole reason I have some disdain for this project is that the "front" of the trailer is plain. I think some sort of window would break it up. That's just my .02.

EXACTLY!!! ......................followed by the middle and back.

Its funny, and im glad someone has that type of time and money to waste, but im also glad it wasnt me.

It might get a window eventually. Priority was to get it sealed up and painted. I can always add a window.

I have less than $300 in the project with paint, parts, and everything so it was really the only time to ever make something like this. It is hard to come up with new ideas for a contour so this was the cheapest and most fun thing to do at this time.

I'm glad you didn't do it either wht02lightning, you wouldn't appreciate it like I am :rolleyes:.

It might get a window eventually. Priority was to get it sealed up and painted. I can always add a window.

I have less than $300 in the project with paint, parts, and everything so it was really the only time to ever make something like this. It is hard to come up with new ideas for a contour so this was the cheapest and most fun thing to do at this time.

I'm glad you didn't do it either wht02lightning, you wouldn't appreciate it like I am :rolleyes:.

If you ever get around to it, it should be pretty easy to add the rear window from an older model ranger or s-10. Just cut the hole and you are good to go. A good weekend project if you get bored again:laugh:

If you ever get around to it, it should be pretty easy to add the rear window from an older model ranger or s-10. Just cut the hole and you are good to go. A good weekend project if you get bored again:laugh:

That is exactly the idea we were throwing around this morning. BUT those windows aren't designed for a direct blast from rain and I think it would eventually leak if I did a sliding glass. If I did the solid glass it would be A-OK for sure. Good ideas ;).

NO!, not yet - Look at the photochop in the previous posts. It looks like that :D.

Back