• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

May 14th - Cedar Point

So Shawn, I see that your dad is now registered for SZ. :cool: I'll finally get to meet the man/legend. ;)
Does that mean he'll also be going to CP with us?

btw, I did some scouting around the 'net and found this link to get discounted tickets.
http://www.thepointol.com/discounttickets.html
I'm checking into some of the suggestions.

this man/legend you are referring to is his son :laugh: he'll be going to CP. he HATES rides. so he'll have to hang out with all the losers i guess. im still debating on whether or not to skip class on thursday, or if i should go to class and just run to cedar point a little late

yea, i wanted like 3 hours, and afterwords it was just kinda, "meh"

Maverick was sweet, but not as sweet as the like 7 hour wait.

last time i went, by chance, we went on the busiest day they had all year, we were there open to close, got on like 5 rides. :mad:

I'm hoping that since it's early in the season and a weekday, kids are still in school, so our waits will be shorter.
Well, except if some schools do a field trip there that day. :blackeye:

yea, i wanted like 3 hours, and afterwords it was just kinda, "meh"

Maverick was sweet, but not as sweet as the like 7 hour wait.

last time i went, by chance, we went on the busiest day they had all year, we were there open to close, got on like 5 rides. :mad:

Yeah, we went last Summer when we were in town visiting the grandparents (They only live about 30 mins away from CP...) and the longest line we waited in was about an hour for Raptor. We hit Maverick right when the park opened and waited about 40mins for it, then we basically worked our way around the back of the park hitting Magnum and the woodies, then Top Thrill opened back up after being shut down all morning for maintenance. We only waited about 20 mins for that one cuz we got there RIGHT when it reopened...needless to say we got REALLY frickin lucky. The park wasn't that busy at all and we hit every coaster with the exception of Gemini Jr and The Iron Dragon...for obvious reasons. It was a pretty awesome trip to say the least. Maverick is one of my new favorites, next to The Hulk at IOA and Rock'n Rollercoaster at MGM in Disney World. Top Thrill Dragster is frickin crazy...but because the ride is so short, I just don't think its worth waiting more than 30/40 mins for if you've been on it before.

Millennium Force? How bout Top Thrill Dragster? Assuming it is actually running of course...that ride is frickin intense even though its only like 20 seconds long...if that.

a girl almost died on that last time i was there. i was sitting in the next car in line. the car in front of us launched and right when it started moving, the cable snapped and missed the girl in front by inches. that was the closest i've been to riding it. lol

a girl almost died on that last time i was there. i was sitting in the next car in line. the car in front of us launched and right when it started moving, the cable snapped and missed the girl in front by inches. that was the closest i've been to riding it. lol

Haha...holy crap! Well, the ride is definitely pretty intense when it ISN'T broken... That stupid ride is always out of commission.

raptor sucks. millennium force is where its at

Hmmm....its hard to decide to be honest cuz there are a lot of just frickin sweet coasters there. Is it me or has Mantis gotten a lil more rough over the years? Maybe they just sped things up or something...but I remember that ride when it was real smooth. I might have rode it when it was fairly new tho...I don't remember.

my nuts are not a fan of mantis.

Then maybe you should stop being an idiot while boarding and squat down about an inch when they lock the seats into place. Then you can stand and ride without have your problem. But yeah, Mantis definitely has roughened up a bit over the years... Raptor is frickin amazing every time though and it has gotten faster as well. Nothing like having all of your blood pulled to your lower extremities in the double helix....and then that last snap before you enter the station that makes you think that you surely just broke your neck. It pwns.

Then maybe you should stop being an idiot while boarding and squat down about an inch when they lock the seats into place. Then you can stand and ride without have your problem. But yeah, Mantis definitely has roughened up a bit over the years... Raptor is frickin amazing every time though and it has gotten faster as well. Nothing like having all of your blood pulled to your lower extremities in the double helix....and then that last snap before you enter the station that makes you think that you surely just broke your neck. It pwns.

So, are you going to join us on the 14th or what, man?
:D
do eet!

Back