• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Today's Project

PurpleMystique

Hard-core CEG'er
n16908665_36603262_6864.jpg

n16908665_36603269_410.jpg

n16908665_36602441_3384.jpg

Thoughts?

Different and creative. Not sure if it's my taste particularly, but it looks like you did a good job with it. Maybe you should do a few coats of clear coat and see how it turns out. I'd also like to see it on the car, to get a final opinion. :cool:

Mark

The red is the masking I used, I printed off an SVT logo in red. It's going on a 3.0 with the oval port UIM and LIM, so it will be visible. And it will be nice since there aren't any SVT logos on my engine anymore :(

I did think about putting a clear coat on it, but I'm not sure what's available as far as heat-resistant clear coats. The blue I used is rated for up to 1200F and the word "ceramic" appears on the can, if that actually means anything. I just didn't want to put good paint on there and ruin it with a crappy clear coat.

The red is the masking I used, I printed off an SVT logo in red. It's going on a 3.0 with the oval port UIM and LIM, so it will be visible. And it will be nice since there aren't any SVT logos on my engine anymore :(

I did think about putting a clear coat on it, but I'm not sure what's available as far as heat-resistant clear coats. The blue I used is rated for up to 1200F and the word "ceramic" appears on the can, if that actually means anything. I just didn't want to put good paint on there and ruin it with a crappy clear coat.

if its gonna be visible, then am all for it. i like it.

I think its a cool idea, but the blue/black color scheme is kinda interesting. i dont know if the color scheme is my cup of tea, but very legit idea. i like it *thumbs up*

Looks good. :cool: There are high temp clear coats out there. I'm surprised though that the paint didn't turn out more glossy from the way it looked wet. :shrug:

It's a bit different, but I'm not a big fan on the color scheme. As someone said earlier, I think black with blue text would have been much nicer.

Pretty sweet and original. If I had a shot at doing it, I would have done blue with silver lettering, or red with black lettering.

Nice job!

Back