• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Noble 3.0L Twin Turbo Build

I do know what its like working that much I've been doing that long enough, it's nothing new.

I only asked again seeing as you said you were going to post pics almost a month ago. I'm hoping that this project actually gets done or its just another post going no where.

What does a noble motor cost anyways?

I thought it was around $4k

Yeah maybe yalls price. My boss hasent gotten back to me yet on the price on the motor. Think of it this way, I was going to get a short block, Noble mind you, for under 900. Thats basically why I decided on a Noble.

And it was a month ago when I said I would post pics, but I posted like on Sunday I think about me posting them on Wednesday. SHould have them up by 5 or 6.

Yeah maybe yalls price. My boss hasent gotten back to me yet on the price on the motor. Think of it this way, I was going to get a short block, Noble mind you, for under 900. Thats basically why I decided on a Noble.

And it was a month ago when I said I would post pics, but I posted like on Sunday I think about me posting them on Wednesday. SHould have them up by 5 or 6.

~$4K is for a fully dressed long block.

Actually yeah, Bad day. I know what you meant the first time, im not getting a fully dressed 3L, still that's yalls price, i getting my stuff at cost or less. Long block because i already have injectors, i plan on getting the adapter plate to use my svt top end and all the 2.5 lines and s##t.

That reminds me, is there a way to make extude the svt throttle body more? I have access to all machining equipment, cnc, etc.

Actually yeah, Bad day. I know what you meant the first time, im not getting a fully dressed 3L, still that's yalls price, i getting my stuff at cost or less. Long block because i already have injectors, i plan on getting the adapter plate to use my svt top end and all the 2.5 lines and s##t.

That reminds me, is there a way to make extude the svt throttle body more? I have access to all machining equipment, cnc, etc.

How are you getting a Noble Engine for cost from AER? I dont think even the Noble owners get them for that cheap even though they know 'The Man' at AER. Then again...they buy long blocks that have the oil pan tapped, etc. Not sure if your doing all the bells and whistles so that may save you quite a bit of money. A basic 3.0L with Wiseco pistons and Scat's H-beam rods might run $900 at cost. Then again, I paid $1800 for rods and pistons and that was a deal.

How much bigger were you planning on honing out that 60 mm throttle body? To 61 mm? People dont extrude hone throttle bodies. They just upgrade to a 65mm or 70 mm since its basically a bolt on. Lots to learn young grasshopper.

Last edited:
IMG00045.jpg

IMG00050.jpg

IMG00052.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

Cell phone picture, dirty as well. I will have more pictures of the car this weekend.
PIC-0103.jpg

How are you getting a Noble Engine for cost from AER? I dont think even the Noble owners get them for that cheap even though they know 'The Man' at AER. Then again...they buy long blocks that have the oil pan tapped, etc. Not sure if your doing all the bells and whistles so that may save you quite a bit of money. A basic 3.0L with Wiseco pistons and Scat's H-beam rods might run $900 at cost. Then again, I paid $1800 for rods and pistons and that was a deal.

How much bigger were you planning on honing out that 60 mm throttle body? To 61 mm? People dont extrude hone throttle bodies. They just upgrade to a 65mm or 70 mm since its basically a bolt on. Lots to learn young grasshopper.

Everything minus the front cover, intake top in, and accessories. Well thats why i was asking, i wasnt sure if you are able, if not i was going to go with the 65mm sho throttle body.

Everything minus the front cover, intake top in, and accessories. Well thats why i was asking, i wasnt sure if you are able, if not i was going to go with the 65mm sho throttle body.

SHO TB won't work. It has nothing in common with the duratec. You'll have to get one from a 4.6L V8. Mustang will be the easiest.

So I guess your AER motor isn't coming with rods and pistons installed? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing... why bother getting a long block if he already has the crank, rods and pistons?

Honestly, I think 00SVT-TT needs to sit down and formulate a plan for this project. :idea:Then, research the plan to make sure it is possible and go from there. There is a lot of material on this and other sites that can be searched through to obtain answers to 90% of his questions. Anything else should be asked as needed.

This whole thread is ass backwards...

:nonono:

Back