• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In addition to my rear fogs that were such a hit with everyone last year I've had something else added to the rear of my car to aid in visibility....LED license plate lights:cool:, thanks Hectour!

if you are looking for a chat, how about you guys help me pick new tires? I have 18x8.5" wheels, and I looking for good tires that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Stock tire size is 245/45/18. I currently have 255/45/18's on it now, and I am considering staying with my current size or going to 265/40/18.

I am thinking about the Falken Azenis RT-615, Nitto Invos, BF Goodrich KDW2's, or anything else around $200 or less a tire. Any suggestions or ideas?

Roger can help with the BFGs....he has them on his Mini right now!:laugh:

I have heard good things about the Falken 615s.

if you are looking for a chat, how about you guys help me pick new tires? I have 18x8.5" wheels, and I looking for good tires that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Stock tire size is 245/45/18. I currently have 255/45/18's on it now, and I am considering staying with my current size or going to 265/40/18.

I am thinking about the Falken Azenis RT-615, Nitto Invos, BF Goodrich KDW2's, or anything else around $200 or less a tire. Any suggestions or ideas?

I wouldn't go with a 265 series tire unless you were going with a staggered look and I'm sure your "V" would benefit from a wider rear tire for sure, so maybe the 255 in the front and 265 in the rear. You can't rotate them but it wouldn't be the only car with a set up like that for sure. As far as your tires go, the KDW2's are pretty sweet tires, look good too and with a treadwear number of 300 you should get pretty good life out of them, but the Falken 615's are waaaaaaaaaay stickier and will NOT last you that long, especially on a torque monster like your "V" and not to mention the cars weight on top of those tires too. So once again, I'd go stagered 255 front and 265 in the rears and go with the KDW2's if you want some life out of them.....BUT, if you wanna have some serious fun, get the 615's in the same size all around so you can the absolute most of them via the tire rotation but remember this, try and wait till the last minute to get them so whatever tire you get is its most fresh for the run, if you can:idea:

We've got about a month till the "official" post goes up, lets keep the list updated. I mean we'll make another master list in the "official" post but we all wanna get pumped up even more with a larger, complete list!

the KDW's are loud tires but I will say this i dont want to run anything but them ever again now lol. little expensive but not terrible. They look as good as they perform too! They would be my choice lol.

When I need new tires (I'll likely get them before I "need" them) I've always had my eye on Yoko Prada 2's or KDWs, and if I want to spend a bit more the Goodyear GS D3's. I think there are some other good cheap tires out there too. The beauty is my car isn't all that heavy, and I only drive ~7500 miles per year so they'll last a while no matter what.

More random chat: Samurai should be sold when I get back from China. That means some mods are in store for the Civic! Time for a melon shooter!

i have had parada's b4 and they dont hold a candle to the kdw's i have, little more quiet yes but thats it lol i seem to get more life out of the kdws as well.

New Kumho Ecsta XS! My only advice is stay away from Pirelli's, save money with Kumho. But you drive a Corvette-powered Caddy, what do you care about saving money??! :crazy:

Actually on topic: I have absolutely no idea what I'll drive to Deal's Gap. Probably show up in the big SUV. We can sleep 4 in it! :crazy: I don't know how it'll handle the curves though, it's more top-heavy than Pam Anderson.

I also had the Toyo Proxes 4 on my SVT and thought those were decent. Never pushed them to the limit though.

I wouldn't go with a 265 series tire unless you were going with a staggered look and I'm sure your "V" would benefit from a wider rear tire for sure, so maybe the 255 in the front and 265 in the rear. You can't rotate them but it wouldn't be the only car with a set up like that for sure. As far as your tires go, the KDW2's are pretty sweet tires, look good too and with a treadwear number of 300 you should get pretty good life out of them, but the Falken 615's are waaaaaaaaaay stickier and will NOT last you that long, especially on a torque monster like your "V" and not to mention the cars weight on top of those tires too. So once again, I'd go stagered 255 front and 265 in the rears and go with the KDW2's if you want some life out of them.....BUT, if you wanna have some serious fun, get the 615's in the same size all around so you can the absolute most of them via the tire rotation but remember this, try and wait till the last minute to get them so whatever tire you get is its most fresh for the run, if you can:idea:

We've got about a month till the "official" post goes up, lets keep the list updated. I mean we'll make another master list in the "official" post but we all wanna get pumped up even more with a larger, complete list!

I don't really see the point of staggering my tires sizes if all my wheels are the same width. I would much rather fit as much tire as I can evenly on all four corners of my 8.5" wheels.

I don't really see the point of staggering my tires sizes if all my wheels are the same width. I would much rather fit as much tire as I can evenly on all four corners of my 8.5" wheels.
I agree. Fit as wide tires as you can at all four corners!
:cool:

Why run staggered size tires:shrug:, I don't know, the "M" brand seems to do it and I think they know what they're doing:shrug: Not only does it look cool as hell but it gives you better grip under acceleration, something the "V" would and could benefit from. I understand the rotation angle as well, but you've got some good advice here so far, make sure you let us know what your final choice is going to be. My tires are only about a year old, so I'll get another run out of them this year, run them all of spring/summer/fall of 2010 and then, right before I go to the Dragon, I'll be trying out something like the Falken 615's. I spoke to my buddy yesterday about his 615's and he told me he got 18K out them, and he drives alot more aggressively everyday then I do, so based on that, I'm going to try them....well that or a BFG KD, I love BFG'S!:cool:

So we've got Randy getting new shoes, Kingpin looking for mods including a melon shooter, anyone else "upgrading" something:confused:

I'm just tired of all those loud duratecs, gotta make some noise of my own. :laugh:
My bad. :crazy::laugh: hopefully ill get a resonator put on it this summer which should help tone it down a little. also have some brand new suspension mods planned that i hope to have done by then as well.

Back