• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I already reserved the cabin that Billy (4moshin), his wife, my wife, and myself will be staying in. The lady at caney creek said to call her for reservations as soon as you can. She even offered me a discount if I was willing to wash the sheets in their free laundry room before I left, and an even better discount if I brought my own linens. I think I may bring my own stuff. Save money and sleep more comfortably in my nice sheets.

I already reserved the cabin that Billy (4moshin), his wife, my wife, and myself will be staying in. The lady at caney creek said to call her for reservations as soon as you can. She even offered me a discount if I was willing to wash the sheets in their free laundry room before I left, and an even better discount if I brought my own linens. I think I may bring my own stuff. Save money and sleep more comfortably in my nice sheets.

WOW! even reserved before me! I may do that with the sheets as well, nothing wrong with that since its helps them and saves us, a win win if you ask me. Even if we didn't do this, its only like $60.00 a night for the single bed cabins. Good job Randy!

WOW! even reserved before me! I may do that with the sheets as well, nothing wrong with that since its helps them and saves us, a win win if you ask me. Even if we didn't do this, its only like $60.00 a night for the single bed cabins. Good job Randy!

Sonebody could save some money by doubling up in the two bedroom cabin. I took one, but there is another one left. It was $90 something a night if you bring your own sheets, and $104 of you just wash the sheets at the cabins. The laundry room is free.

I forgot to call Dixie yesterday but I will call her today for sure. I'm going to get a two bed cabin this time as my buddy wants to split the cost of the cabin, so that's cool. I'm pretty sure we're going to have myself, my step Dad and my buddy in there, so we'll need a cot for sure. I'm going to bring my own sheets and pillows too, this way we get the $90.00 dollar price a night. Split 3 ways that's real cheap!

Now there's enough cabins there and if you could sleep 2 in the single bed cabins or even 3 with a cot but if they fill up don't sweat it, there's other cabins right in the area, actually right on our way to breakfast, so no biggie there! Worse case you'd have to stay in the motel down on 68 near I-75 but even then, real easy to get to us and/or meet up, simple!

Less then 2 weeks till the "official" thread, can't wait to get the ball rollin' on this, its already ahead of scedule:cool:

Cabin #3...

Cabin #3...

...is now reserved by me! This is going to be strange for me as I've always been in the 2nd cabin from the end, the apple cabin. This cabin has one room and 2 beds and the price is awesome! I got it for $60.00 a night bringing my own linens and pillows, sweet! This is what I used to pay for the single bed, single room cabin. I'll need a cot for the third person, but that's ok. My step Dad can't sleep on the cot, so my buddy and I will flip a coin for the odd days stay on the cot:crazy: but that's ok, I'm good with that if need be.

I almost got the 2 room 2 bed but didn't need that one but Dixie wanted me to let you guys know that particular cabin is $90.00 a night bringing your own linens with you, so you might wanna jump on that one.

Dixie also aquired a 50' Plymouth coupe that we can all check out as well as a 64' Mustang, so its going to be a little bit of a car show down there more than usual.

Thanks to Randy for getting the ball rollin' on this and we'll have a seperate thread just for confirmations at the cabin as well as additional info as to where to stay if they get booked up, its not going to be a problem as Dixie will even give us the name of the place to call if she's booked up by then, she did that for me my 2nd year down there, southern hospitality at its finest! There's also the motels down on 68 going back towards I-75 too, we're covered no matter what happens and things will be set up easily as to where to meet up, we've got it all covered for everyone, so noobs don't worry, the red carpet is rolled out and your welcome to join us in the fall!

After talking with Hectour last night the prices for the other cabins are real cheap, I mean CHEAP! So that too is something to look at as well. I didn't even realize that they've got 14 cabins total, I think we'll be fine just as long as everyone gets them reserved inadvance and you don't have to pay inadvance either. Just tell Dixie your with the group with Roger from Detroit:cool:

www.caneycreekvillage.com

Well I just got done reading every post in this thread, it sounds like a great time. I intend on being there. Would be my first time on this run, but from what I've heard it's a great time. I've talked to a couple other local guys and they are very interested as well. I think we would be bringing anywhere from 3 to 5 cars, give or take 1 or 2. Is there anything specific that needs to be done besides booking the cabin? Is the single room cabins just one bed as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There are single room, single bed cabins as well as "economy" cabins available, 14 in all. Give Dixie a call and/or check out the website www.caneycreekvillage.com for more detailed info. Its basically first come first serve on the reservations. I will say this though, since your new to our group make your reservations based on being able to go for sure, as well as your guys, this way things run smoothly and we keep things on good terms with our host;)

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what's the low down on your ride and the other rides your possibly bringing out?

***ATTENTION TO THOSE WHOM VOTED ON THIS ALREADY, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW, IT SEEMS TO BE GAINING STEAM QUICKLY***

Well I just got done reading every post in this thread, it sounds like a great time. I intend on being there. Would be my first time on this run, but from what I've heard it's a great time. I've talked to a couple other local guys and they are very interested as well. I think we would be bringing anywhere from 3 to 5 cars, give or take 1 or 2. Is there anything specific that needs to be done besides booking the cabin? Is the single room cabins just one bed as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Bring the entire crew down with ya man!

Bring the entire crew down with ya man!
Oh and to let everyone know and make them jealous............. I have been up there running the dragon 2 times this week and have had a blast lol. I will link my photos when i find them.

Oh and to let everyone know and make them jealous............. I have been up there running the dragon 2 times this week and have had a blast lol. I will link my photos when i find them.
Trey, you suck. are you going to stay at your house this year or would you be willing to split a cabin?

My car is a 00 csvt not a whole lot done now, but I'd like to have my 3L in by then. That takes $ tho. Other cars: '92 Dodge Spirit R/T, T3/T4 turbonetics, Mopar stage 2 Comp, Koni adjustables/eibachs, and 3 inch exhaust. '03 Dodge Neon SRT4, stage 2 Mopar setup, '04 LSD, Custom Tune, Eibachs(soon to be coilovers), 3 inch side exit, '04 GTO, stage 2 patriot heads, custom grind cam, coilovers, was put on a "diet"(car built for open track events), bassani loud mouth exhaust. 2 of the cars that I don't know about are 2 more '98 CSVT's.

Cots available if we decided to only get 2 cabins?

Back