• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VTEC will own us all!

This will be me next year
498395686_74bd9674db.jpg

I'm just tired of all those loud duratecs, gotta make some noise of my own. :laugh:

I could get one of those electronic dump pipes and run open exhaust:shrug: I've got a new intake system that incorporates ducting to filter air right into the airbox, thus giving me the BOV sound that I had last year, yet not letting me lose low-end torque. Ram-air for the MINI, what a beautiful thing:laugh:

I'm going for tone, not total volume. The cat-back I'm going for is from Vibrant and it sounds amazing. I'm pretty excited actually. The mod bug has bitten!

Well who knows what we'll bring to Deal's Gap. Unless funds stack up, the 86 is just going to keep sitting there, mocking me! :mad:

Maybe we'll come hang out in the Endeavor for an afternoon.

I've got a Canadian MINI guy who's very interested in our run and I've invited him to check out our site, so let's roll out the welcome mat for him if and when he comes in. Who knows, it could turn into a "MINI meet" as well:shrug::cool: Not to mention 1-3 guys from xceedspeed and I'm sure they will not be tools too, trust me on that one! As far as that site goes, everyone I've met has been very cool and really into their cars, so I'd like to roll out the mat for them as well. This meet will be the biggest one to date, I'm just glad we've got such a good base of cars and guys/gals to go with us this year, thank you to everyone who voted and plans on going!!!

I'm going for tone, not total volume. The cat-back I'm going for is from Vibrant and it sounds amazing. I'm pretty excited actually. The mod bug has bitten!

Vibrant makes a very nice muffler, I remember hearing one on a ZX3 Focus years ago and I still remember it making an impression upon me:cool: I can't wait to get the official thread going, this run is shaping up to be a MONSTER!

I might have another person coming down from the Chicago area...:shrug:

Hectour has a couple leads, I've got a couple, how about the rest of you:confused: If these leads end up going through, we may take over the entire complex at Caney Creek and it only took 7 years, not bad when you think about it!

What do you guys think about a seperate post thrumbtacked for people who have confirmed their reservations at Caney Creek and only post there once you've done it? This way, people could go there for that info only and get updated right away w/o needing to go through the dozens of pages were sure to have over 4 monthes of posting:laugh:

I might have a friend or 2 from MN or WI come down. One of them might even be able to convince his dad to let him borrow either the M5 or the Esprit. :drool:

What do you guys think about a seperate post thrumbtacked for people who have confirmed their reservations at Caney Creek and only post there once you've done it?

I like the idea, Roger.

Wife & I are anxious to get out to Deal's this year. How much is a cabin again??

Hoping to have all the bugs worked out of the I4 to 3.0L V6 conversion by then, otherwise we'll have to take the damn Lincoln... :cry:

I like the idea, Roger.

Wife & I are anxious to get out to Deal's this year. How much is a cabin again??

Hoping to have all the bugs worked out of the I4 to 3.0L V6 conversion by then, otherwise we'll have to take the damn Lincoln... :cry:
oh wow you coming up again Jim? That is awesome man it will be good to see you again:cool:

I like the idea, Roger.

Yay old fart club racing! :crazy: How ya been, Jim?

Jim, it will be good to see you again, its been about 3 years IIRC! The cabins are about $60.00 a night and she usually doesn't charge us tax. One thing that has changed since you were last there is that Dixie gives us a free breakfast at that awesome restaurant in town, something else we didn't even know about back then:shrug:

I think we'll have that seperate thread for reservations/confirmations only then. In that thread info can be had about the cabins via a link to them and we can have a copy and paste list for those already in. Even though it will be 4 monthes out at that time we can still make reservations, just tell Dixie that your with Roger from Detroit, for some reason that's how she knows us, go figure:laugh: I don't even think you have to pay inadvance, but you can if you want, but its not necessary. Make your reservations ASAP because not only does this guarantee us our cabins, but let's her know again how serious this run is yet again, not that she needs to be convinced but just out of respect to her and the operations there;)

If anyone else has idea's please fire away, brainstorming is a good thing and BTW, Trey is going to check out the Devils Triangle sometime after that other event in May called Spring Zing, thanks Trey, from all of us!!!

The "Klasse" of 07'

The "Klasse" of 07'

100_5691.jpg

The Civic and Jetta just came along for the ride as we met them down there and they wanted to hang, so you can see how we've grown and continue to do so. This is why with proper planning and the right people (which we have!) this meet keeps growing and is enjoyable for everyone who goes!

Less than 2 weeks...

Less than 2 weeks...

...till the "official" thread for this years run gets posted, can't wait because we're that much closer to the run. That being said though, please, enjoy your summer and let's not rush it along too fast, this past winter sucked here in Michigan!

Back