• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

Dragon Run 09'...poll for when to run it this year.

• Sept 10th thru 13th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 17th thru 20th (Thur-Sun)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Upon reading the other thread I thought I'd throw this out to those who are thinking about doing it yet again, our 7th annual running of the Dragon. For those of you who didn't read the other thread I thought I'd let you know why I'd like to do it at the beginning of Sept instead of the beginning of October. I've been trying to get my buddy Derek to go out there with us, but because he's in the National Guard he's got drill once a month and doesn't get his scedule till after August where at that point we've got our run voted on and official thread roaring away! I'd also like to let you guys know that my buddy served our country in Iraq for over a year, so I'd really like to plan this years run around him if humanly possible, besides that he needs to be around the house in October for family reasons this year. So think about this and if you can make it, lets vote on it now and get this part of the run taken care of. BTW a vote for "I don't care" would go towards the beginning of Sept. One other reason for going in Sept....ITS SOONER:cool:

I voted "I don't care" because anytime in September would be better for me than October. Traffic may be a problem, but maybe we can do the Dragon area runs on Friday and then head somewhere else for the weekend (Devils Triangle). Just a thought.

I voted "I don't care" because anytime in September would be better for me than October. Traffic may be a problem, but maybe we can do the Dragon area runs on Friday and then head somewhere else for the weekend (Devils Triangle). Just a thought.

I've been thinking about the Devils Triangle, but I could use a local to check that our for us and help set that one up, any takers:shrug: I would as well as everyone would be greatly appreciative if this would happen, after 6 years something new ontop of the Dragon, a win win!!!

BTW, what do you guys think about going to Gatlinburg and checking out the Dukes of Hazard museum, having lunch at the Hard Rock there and afterwards hitting 411 to 129 (the Dragon) and running it that way, just a thought. I was thinking its about time to add to this and even if everyone doesn't want to do this, we can throw it out there and see what sticks. I may come in a day early to do this, so its something to think about!

there is actually nice "little" loop that the GF and I took when we went to Gatlinburg last May (actually stayed in Sevierville). it was something like this. Trey was with us from the top of the Dragon down, around, and through the National Park. we then stopped and had lunch/dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg.

Google Map

there is actually nice "little" loop that the GF and I took when we went to Gatlinburg last May (actually stayed in Sevierville). it was something like this. Trey was with us from the top of the Dragon down, around, and through the National Park. we then stopped and had lunch/dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe in Gatlinburg.

Google Map

Sounds good to me, Trey route last year was a blast:cool: Now as far as the date for the trip goes, well, I left the poll up for 30 days and whatever the day is is what it is, I just wanted to try and work around my buddies scedule because he really wants to go and still could even if its not early Sept. The weather was perfect last year and I enjoyed sitting around the campfire, that too is what the run is all about, kinda like going fishing and then telling those fish stories!

I voted the last dates in October, because the fall colors and driving through the dragon as leaves were falling on our cars was really cool.

Upon reading the other thread I thought I'd throw this out to those who are thinking about doing it yet again, our 7th annual running of the Dragon. For those of you who didn't read the other thread I thought I'd let you know why I'd like to do it at the beginning of Sept instead of the beginning of October. I've been trying to get my buddy Derek to go out there with us, but because he's in the National Guard he's got drill once a month and doesn't get his scedule till after August where at that point we've got our run voted on and official thread roaring away! I'd also like to let you guys know that my buddy served our country in Iraq for over a year, so I'd really like to plan this years run around him if humanly possible, besides that he needs to be around the house in October for family reasons this year. So think about this and if you can make it, lets vote on it now and get this part of the run taken care of. BTW a vote for "I don't care" would go towards the beginning of Sept. One other reason for going in Sept....ITS SOONER:cool:

Not to stir the pot or anything, but in the pursuit of fairness wouldn't it make more sense to count the "I don't care" votes as a vote for any of the weeks. for example: if four people want week A, 7 people want week B, and 4 more vote "I don't care" week B should win. The "I don't cares" would be cool with either A or B, so why weight their votes exclusively for A?

Not to stir the pot or anything, but in the pursuit of fairness wouldn't it make more sense to count the "I don't care" votes as a vote for any of the weeks. for example: if four people want week A, 7 people want week B, and 4 more vote "I don't care" week B should win. The "I don't cares" would be cool with either A or B, so why weight their votes exclusively for A?

Well the "I don't care" votes need to go to one date right:shrug: and should thus go to whatever is in the lead, what ever that may be. Wouldn't that be the most fair?

OK, I talked to my buddy who I mentioned might be interested and he is. He would be coming from Denver :crazy: Maybe with bikes, maybe with a boosted RWD car (yet to be named, but looking like highest HP of the group). If he comes with bikes he may come with friends. Could be another good year. . .

OK, I talked to my buddy who I mentioned might be interested and he is. He would be coming from Denver :crazy: Maybe with bikes, maybe with a boosted RWD car (yet to be named, but looking like highest HP of the group). If he comes with bikes he may come with friends. Could be another good year. . .

You don't know about 4moshin (Billy's) new car...shhhh. Must resist urge to spill the beans.

A hi-hp, RWD car on the Dragon, hmmm, keep him in the back for sure:eek: I think it would be great for him to come all the way from Denver, heck, he might be able to hook up with Hectour on the ride down there:shrug: then meet up with Striker2 and oh yeah, myself to make yet another "contouravan" down to the Dragon! BTW guys, check out the posting I made for this over in the EGL, maybe a little nudging is in order because theres alot of views, but not alot of posts:rolleyes:

Ran it today on my Suzuki! Its sweet living 2 hrs from it! Duane

Go ahead and rub it in:shrug::laugh: I had to deliver a brand new Rav4 down to Roush in Naples last week and stayed at a hotel right on 68, about 20 minutes from the start of the Cherahala Skyway and I thought I was going to be driving something back from there, but I didn't, so my plans of running the Dragon on the way home went out the window:cry: Oh well, the car will be getting picked up in 11 weeks, maybe I'll be able to fly down and drive it back, but then again its an SUV from Toyota, how much fun is it going to be really:rolleyes:

BTW I see we have 10 votes so far and with it being open for another 3+ weeks maybe we'll be able to break the tie, but do it honestly guys, LOL!

A hi-hp, RWD car on the Dragon, hmmm, keep him in the back for sure:eek: I think it would be great for him to come all the way from Denver, heck, he might be able to hook up with Hectour on the ride down there:shrug: then meet up with Striker2 and oh yeah, myself to make yet another "contouravan" down to the Dragon! BTW guys, check out the posting I made for this over in the EGL, maybe a little nudging is in order because theres alot of views, but not alot of posts:rolleyes:

I was fine in the middle with a 400hp RWD car. I just kept the traction and stability control on. I was too far away from home to have too much fun.

Back