• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% off Leather Boots by Redline Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so you are saying the ATX 98-00 Contours have armrests on the console? I've never seen a non-SVT with an armrest on the console. :shrug:

nope they are all on the back of the seat. I was saying they are worthless if you have a mtx because when its down your elbow would hit the armrest while shifting.

I ordered mine from Redline Goods to be 2 inches shorter than factory for my B&M shifter. It was a perfect fitment. It gets rid of the extra leather building up in the console.

Dat is why i ded dit! :cool: Your car inspires me! I have a few things left for mine. Damn cup holders and arm rest!

This is really tempting.

so whats the issue with the e-brake boot? Is there just too much leather there and it bunches up and looks weird?

I didn't have enough material. Extra is fine by me. You might be looking at the pic of my black and tan boots that fit great.

I didn't have enough material. Extra is fine by me. You might be looking at the pic of my black and tan boots that fit great.

I'm thinking they gave you the set for a different console. How many types of consoles are there for Contours?

Im with todd. My shiftboot fit ok, I was kinda peeved that the stitching didnt line up or go all the way to the top. I didnt eve bother with the ebrake boot, there was no way that was going to fit!

I'll just have to do the next set myself, Im not risking 88 bucks to maybe get it right this time.

Anyone know what shade matches P-Tan for a leather armrest?

Are we going to be able to get these shorten for aftermarket shifters?

Taupe because that's what I have installed now. I had Sierra first (that's whats in the pics of my car) but looks more like the tan. I ordered samples to verify the colors before ordering a second set.

Friggin picked 98+. How hard can it be. Only 2 consoles. Pre and post. Not rocket science.

I ask because there are like 4 consoles for the Cougar: 99-00, 01+, armrest, no armrest. Does anybody have a worn out boot for the hand brake that I could send them as a template?

Would it possible to get this combo?

Pre98 MTX console (fitted into a 98 Contour SVT) using a B&M short shifter, need short black leather shift boot, black standard ebrake boot, and midnight blue leather arm rest cover. Stitching would be black with the boots, midnight blue stitching the arm rest cover.

Would it possible to get this combo?

Pre98 MTX console (fitted into a 98 Contour SVT) using a B&M short shifter, need short black leather shift boot, black standard ebrake boot, and midnight blue leather arm rest cover. Stitching would be black with the boots, midnight blue stitching the arm rest cover.

i can certainly order that for you. how much shorter is the B&M vs. stock? i came across a post stating that they do have a leather that matches midnight blue pretty closely. let me try to dig it up for you.

I owned an ATX and an MTX Cougar from 1999. Both had the console with the retractable cup holder (a.k.a. cup spiller) and an armrest. Perhaps that option was only installed with the sport package? :shrug:

EDIT: The third time I read your comment, I noticed that you wrote CONTOUR. Honestly, I don't know what trim packages were available for which model year Contour.

installation isn't difficult. here's a quick rundown:
1. remove the console
2. remove the boots from the console.
3. remove the staples holding the boots to their frames
4. attach the frames to the new boots. [any suggestions? staple gun? epoxy?]
5. installation is the reverse of removal

I used rivets made for leather work on the shift boot. I just punched holes through the leather and plastic.
The E brake boot was a little too short to use with the plastic frame from the factory one, so mine is screwed right to the lip of the boot opening. I pre drilled the holes using a Tight Fit right angle drill adapter, marked and punched the holes and screwed it into place.

Thanks, Loco! The rivets sound like a good idea. Wa2Tuff used Epoxy. Brapple used staples.

wa2tuff said:
I glued it in the frame with "Goop" that I got at Lowe's. I tried the epoxy in stick form that you mix, but it didn't hold. The "Goop" did the trick.

Brapple said:
I double checked the e-brake boot and it matches fine for the pre98. the only little thing I think I noticed is one of the pre cut mounting tab holes is a bit off, when I get my console out I will check against that since the plastic bezel I have for it is broken something bad.

here are some pics of the shift boot, I used new staples and put them back into the existing holes...

DSC02032.JPG

DSC02033.JPG

so whats the issue with the e-brake boot?

Todras, Puddmunkie, and Loco_Motion say that their hand brake boots were too short. I'd like to send them a stock boot so they can have a proper template. Any volunteers? Everybody raved about their customer service, so I'm sure they would revise the design if they could be told how it should be. Wa2Tuff said his boot fit well after requesting that his boot be 7.5" long.

wa2tuff said:
The extra length on the back side of the boot was perfect. It doesn't bunch up or look funny. I asked Maciek to make the back 7 1/2" long and it came out great. If anyone orders the boots now, I'd advise you ask Maciek to make it longer. I'm glad I did. I'll try to take some pix.

I owned an ATX and an MTX Cougar from 1999. Both had the console with the retractable cup holder (a.k.a. cup spiller) and an armrest. Perhaps that option was only installed with the sport package? :shrug:

EDIT: The third time I read your comment, I noticed that you wrote CONTOUR. Honestly, I don't know what trim packages were available for which model year Contour.

installation isn't difficult. here's a quick rundown:
1. remove the console
2. remove the boots from the console.
3. remove the staples holding the boots to their frames
4. attach the frames to the new boots. [any suggestions? staple gun? epoxy?]
5. installation is the reverse of removal

So did anyone go to the site and look at the how-to for the 99-00 install? :shrug: I did the whole write-up and pictures with the help of LUCA for Redline since I had them make me the first set...I used epoxy putty and it has held fine over the last couple of years with no problems.

i can certainly order that for you. how much shorter is the B&M vs. stock? i came across a post stating that they do have a leather that matches midnight blue pretty closely. let me try to dig it up for you.

Hope the following picture helps. This what I currently have but plan to install a pre98 console. I can't remember exactly how much shorter, because I no longer have the stock shifter. Maybe someone else on the boards knows or has measured the height difference?

Dcp02057.jpg

The only issue I had with mine (e brake boot was all I ordered) was the ring that goes around the handle was too tight... I just stretched it out and it was fine. Good length and everything... it's a little tight when the handle is down, but still looks great. Very high quality manufacturing.

The only issue I had with mine (e brake boot was all I ordered) was the ring that goes around the handle was too tight... I just stretched it out and it was fine. Good length and everything... it's a little tight when the handle is down, but still looks great. Very high quality manufacturing.

+1

Mine fit perfectly with a little stretching around the ring. I'm pretty sure the fitment issues were resolved after some complaints from the last group buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back