• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

? about a few things for uim/lim rebuild

alright everyone my heads are now clean.

i was having trouble with getting the solid carbon out of the heads. and there was carbon on the valve that i could not get out. so i took a straw from one of the B12 cans and stuck it in my air compressor blower. i was able to get a substantial amount of carbon off the valves and out of the port with this!! i put the straw right on the valve and blew most of it off! after cleaning the rest of course. so the carbon was soft.

reference for others:
P1010036.jpg

and just for fun:
that other cleaner sucks only buy B12!

P1010039.jpg

all that is left to do is clean the UIM. I'm not looking forward to that lol. thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
I did a similar thing, only using some micro attatchments for my shop vac. Had to work fast, though, as the Berryman's melted the hose. :laugh:

i never want to have to do this again. yes I'm going to pick up a compressor Oil Separator. and i guess just run b12 through the vacuum holes every umm 10K? to bad i cant stop the EGR from gunking up everything. o yea what the hell happened to josh's Oil Separators? (i think it was him)

well i spent the $20 bucks for the 2 bags of o-rings so i used them. thats all done and back on the car. just need to clean the UIM. i hope to start the car tomorrow.

I replaced the o-rings on the injectors also. Might as well, you have everything apart.
Very clean Jon. :)

i guess the only thing i could not figure out was how to plug the two vacuum holes on the top of the UIM. i was testing a few different materials to see if the cleaner would melt/ dissolve them but still couldn't figure out what to put there. it must be water tight, well cleaner tight. because i still am going to pull the UIM off again and let it soak in cleaner over night. that way i can get the left over gunk out. i was going to use wood for the IAC, EGR ports and the TB opening using the old gaskets for a good seal against the wood. any ideas? maybe Cork material? i am also going to repaint the UIM while i have it off again with some duplicolor. they have ford colors. i think ford low-gloss black or semi-gloss black will be perfect.

Back