• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% off Leather Boots by Redline Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoopaCooga

Veteran CEG'er
If your car has seen as many miles as mine, it's probably ready for a face lift. :) Offering leather boots with an OEM fit for your shifter and hand brake, Redline Goods has served over 7000 customers, some of whom are CEG members. There are many colors from which to choose, including two-toned combinations with your choice of thread color. See below for examples.

What I'm offering through this GB is 20% off your total order, regardless of what you order, if we can get 10 orders. That's better than the pricing from the GB in 2005!

Boots for shifter & hand brake AND armrest cover: $110 - 20% = $88
Boots for shifter & hand brake: $70 - 20% = $56
Boot for shifter (only): $50 - 20% = $40
Boot for hand brake (only): $50 - 20% = $40
Armrest cover (only): $60 - 20% = $48

i'm inquiring about a complete list of colors, since they don't have everything shown on the website. i'm also checking to see if they will sell material by the yard for doing door panels.

when placing your order, i will need to know:

Console Year: 95-97 or 98-00
Package: Boots or Boots & Armrest
Material: Leather or "Carbon Fiber Look"
Primary color:
Secondary color:
Thread color:
Style: Solid, Striped, or Two-Tone
Stitching: Two Lines, Four Lines, or Piping

Of course, the prices change a bit based on the options. Shipping is a flat $9.

Making Payment
I prefer Paypal but will accept personal checks and/or Money Orders if you PM me to say so. I will not place your order until payment goes through. If using Paypal:
  1. Send to soopacooga@vt.edu
  2. Choose "Goods"
  3. Tell me your CEG name
  4. Tell me what shipping method you chose

Here's how they describe their product:

Redline Goods said:
OUR LEATHER is top grade Italian calfskin leather. It is much thicker (1mm, .04 inch - VERY thick) than the stock vinyl, which makes them form very nicely.

Our leather (right) vs OEM vinyl (left):

general1.jpg

Underside of our leather (top) vs. Underside of OEM vinyl (bottom):

general3.jpg

OUR STITCHING is double (most other makers use single stitching). It's more durable than single stitching because there are more rows of stitching holding the leather together.

general2.jpg

Mine fit like crap. They put in elastic that runs around the shifter unlike the Krafty boots from years ago. I had to cut some and fish a zip tie through it. The ebrake is just awful. Not enough material at all. No cuts to go in the stock position. Was irrate the entire time.

Boots from my black car. Excellent fit.
standard.jpg

Redline boots. Meh.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Mine fit like crap. They put in elastic that runs around the shifter unlike the Krafty boots from years ago. I had to cut some and fish a zip tie through it. The ebrake is just awful. Not enough material at all. No cuts to go in the stock position. Was irrate the entire time.

Boots from my black car.

I did the same with the shift boot, I cut the elastic out and used a zip tie. my first ebrake boot was off but I sent it back with mine and got one that did fit correctly.

but I am in for another set.

Console Year: pre98 contour
Package: Boots
Material: Leather
Primary color: black
Secondary color: n/a
Thread color: tan
Style: Solid
Stitching: Two Lines

Anyone know what shade matches P-Tan for a leather armrest?

Are we going to be able to get these shorten for aftermarket shifters?

Are we going to be able to get these shorten for aftermarket shifters?

I ordered mine from Redline Goods to be 2 inches shorter than factory for my B&M shifter. It was a perfect fitment. It gets rid of the extra leather building up in the console.

Is the arm rest boot available in SVT and non SVT?

They are both different shapes and the SVT is plastic where as the other non SVT armrests are cloth or leather.

Is the arm rest boot available in SVT and non SVT?

They are both different shapes and the SVT is plastic where as the other non SVT armrests are cloth or leather.

98-00 non-SVT did not have an armrest, period. It was an open console with a cupholder.

Pre-98 had leather or cloth armrests depending on the seat material.

Redline Goods does not make an armrest cover for SVT's last I checked. It was for Pre-98 consoles to cover up the leather or cloth to match your interior more.

98-00 non-SVT did not have an armrest, period. It was an open console with a cupholder.

Pre-98 had leather or cloth armrests depending on the seat material.

Redline Goods does not make an armrest cover for SVT's last I checked. It was for Pre-98 consoles to cover up the leather or cloth to match your interior more.

ahhh ok, I gotcha. Well i did the pre-98 console swap and painted it black and MNB and i reused the MNB armrest since I did not want to dye the tan one that came with the pre-98 console. I guess I can use the pre-98 armrest now if I get the boot for it :cool:

so whats the issue with the e-brake boot? Is there just too much leather there and it bunches up and looks weird?

Also how did you guys go about attaching the boot? More than likely the tabs break when removing the stock boot. Did you guys use plastic weld, epoxy, screws etc tp attach the Red Line boots?

Thanks for jumping in here, Tony! Yes, Redline will shorten the boot by the same amount your shifter is shortened (e.g. 1", 1.5", 2.0"). Also, the armrest cover is for consoles that already have an armrest. From the pictures above, it appears that the Contour < 1998 console is similar to the Cougar < 2000 console.

Todd, sorry to hear you weren't happy with your order. Those pictures look like they are from two different cars? My fitment was perfect, but I drive a Cougar. If there are specific questions I should ask them about model year differences, please post them.

I'm interested in all 3.

Just need to get the consensus on fit and also how hard the process is to install them.

Wait, so you are saying the ATX 98-00 Contours have armrests on the console? I've never seen a non-SVT with an armrest on the console. :shrug:

I owned an ATX and an MTX Cougar from 1999. Both had the console with the retractable cup holder (a.k.a. cup spiller) and an armrest. Perhaps that option was only installed with the sport package? :shrug:

EDIT: The third time I read your comment, I noticed that you wrote CONTOUR. Honestly, I don't know what trim packages were available for which model year Contour.

Just need to get the consensus on fit and also how hard the process is to install them.

installation isn't difficult. here's a quick rundown:
1. remove the console
2. remove the boots from the console.
3. remove the staples holding the boots to their frames
4. attach the frames to the new boots. [any suggestions? staple gun? epoxy?]
5. installation is the reverse of removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back