• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

20% off Leather Boots by Redline Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell that it will fit with the stitches facing down however I do not feel that this is correct as shown here on the website and this is a pic of a contour

Contour9804-04.jpg

I can tell that it will fit with the stitches facing down however I do not feel that this is correct as shown here on the website and this is a pic of a contour

I see what you're saying. All I can say is that the boots for the Cougars are meant to be installed with stitching facing down. Maybe another Contour will chime in here...

I took a bunch of picture and im sending them an e-mail right now

by looking at the picture above there doesn't seem to be a seem were the stitching is on the top.the stock boot does have the stitching on the bottom,I assume the redline boots would have it on top for aesthetics.

Last edited:

by looking at the picture above there doesn't seem to be a seem were the stitching is on the top.the stock boot does have the stitching on the bottom,I assume the redline boots would have it on top for aesthetics.

typically, they only stitch along the seems. if you work something out with them, and you want to split the cost of shipping, let me know.

The e-brake stitching should be on the bottom to follow the factory design. Some have flipped it around to show the stitching on top, but it will not fit as intended.

any way of finding where mine got shipped too?

Yours were shipped directly from the manufacturer in Poland. Sorry, I don't have tracking numbers for each order. I sent you a PM confirming the address you sent me. Redline Goods says that everything should arrive by Saturday. Let me know if you don't get your stuff this weekend. Thanks.

I see what you're saying. All I can say is that the boots for the Cougars are meant to be installed with stitching facing down. Maybe another Contour will chime in here...

typically, they only stitch along the seems. if you work something out with them, and you want to split the cost of shipping, let me know.

The e-brake stitching should be on the bottom to follow the factory design. Some have flipped it around to show the stitching on top, but it will not fit as intended.

looks like they changed how they do things.

in the pics on the website and from the e-brake boot i got before they ran sticking down the top but there was no seam.

now there is nothing on the top when i looked at the boot I just got. little disapointed but i need to doulbe check mine to verify that the older ones do have sticking on the top.

looks like they changed how they do things.

in the pics on the website and from the e-brake boot i got before they ran sticking down the top but there was no seam.

now there is nothing on the top when i looked at the boot I just got. little disapointed but i need to doulbe check mine to verify that the older ones do have sticking on the top.

so that was a picture from their website? let me see what Maciek wants to do about this. he might be willing to stitch the opposite side if we cover shipping (approx. $10/person if everything is mailed back and forth from me to Maciek)

so that was a picture from their website? let me see what Maciek wants to do about this. he might be willing to stitch the opposite side if we cover shipping (approx. $10/person if everything is mailed back and forth from me to Maciek)

the picture from this post?

http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showpost.php?p=483037&postcount=81

yes it is from their website.

also this confirms what I thought before ... todras installed his e-brake boot upside down since the stitching goes on the bottom :laugh:

ok in this pic of the boots i got a few years ago they where indeed putting sticking on the top when there is no seam there. sorry I know its hard to see.

DSC02197.JPG

lol, its lite gray stitching and its on the top of the boot. I'll confirm and get a better pic when I get home, unless I already have one somewhere.

Here's mine. I actually never realized the stitching on the top was just for looks.:shrug:

Top:

1216430887.jpg

Bottom:

1216475963.jpg

well i would like the stitching on the top as that is what I expected because of my past purchase and pictures on the web site. however I don't think I want to spend the extra money to get it done .... basically we are out what we where suppose to be saving on this group buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back