• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Had a meet with the trailblazer guys today

Jeez what:shrug: cause I posted about a meet and some dyno vids, dude stop hatting:nonono:

lol, i'm not hating, dont get ur panties in a whad cuz i pointed out that you post about the car you bought ALOT, if i was hating i wouldn't of said "Nice #'s!" calm down.

on topic tho, TBSS's are really nice SUV. but if i had the money i'd be all about the SRT8 Cherokee's! :drool:

Yeah and whats wrong with being proud of what you own, I swear dude.

And for the record the sstb's smoke srt8's, but the srt8's look 10x's better than the sstb's

hey ryan. i could've sworn i read somewhere... or was it on car and driver that the srts were faster than the tbss.
Word, they are.

The jeep has more horsepower and 5speed vs the 4 speed in the tbss.

Last edited:
Fyi your 300hp 3000pound car should beat every one of their 400hp 5000pound trucks.

Looked like a dynojet setup, doesnt matter if fwd or rear the numbers will come out the same.

Fyi your 300hp 3000pound car should beat every one of their 400hp 5000pound trucks.

Looked like a dynojet setup, doesnt matter if fwd or rear the numbers will come out the same.

No not when its a rwd dynojet, there are fwd,rwd dynojets. There are awd dyno jets and there are rwd dynojets, and this is a rwd dynojet. It can run fwd cars but it has to be recalculated for fwd and that takes time and money that the shop didnt want to do cause they had soo many people to dyno yesterday.

the setup pictured is the same setup allspeed has, and they ran plenty of fwd and rwd cars all day long. no mention of recalculation needed.

FWD, or RWD, the tires both spin the same direction, wierd. i've never really heard of them having to recalibrate for a difference :shrug: either way if the numbers you put down, are the actual numbers, that's still pretty dam stout

Lol the tires are DEFINITELY spinning in different directions. The tires are both spinning "forward," but the FWD sits on the dyno backwards compared to the RWD car :troutslap:

Lol the tires are DEFINITELY spinning in different directions. The tires are both spinning "forward," but the FWD sits on the dyno backwards compared to the RWD car :troutslap:

Exactly, rwd cars back onto it as the dyno as its set up for, fwd cars pull straight onto it and the rollers are going the oposite way they are set up for.

that's still pretty dam stout

Ohh I am not complaining, even if they were 100% accurate I would still be happy, its a fuuuuuuun car to drive and turns heads everywhere. Plus it still will be getting more power with the bigger fmic install at sz08:cool:

And work has been done to the car since then:cool:

care to elaborate?

also, isn't there an aquamist on that car? or maybe there was at one point? i'm thinking of one for my car...seems to work well, but seems like too much of a pain in the ass as opposed to just upgrading the intercooler and being done with it.

just curious though, i'm surprised the intercooler already in there isn't "adequate" lol

speaking of Vengeance....i know alot bout them needless to say.....the T/A i posted about along time ago...my uncles...they built.

LS7 stroked out to 440ci nitrous...etc..etc....50,xxx$ in mods... i've been there quite a few times and they are pretty nice guys at Vengeance. some are complete asshats and im not sure if they work there anymore but yeah. Ryan hit me up and ill tell ya some stories about them lol. good numbers! last time at was at there shop they had a yellow brand new Z06 getting nitrous and some 19" HRI's put on with an intake paackage and whatnot...

i've never heard of a dyno needing to be recalibrated for fwd to rwd:shrug: but i have heard that mustang dyno's read lower than the dynojet's,and dynapack reads even lower. still very respectable numbers for a fwd sedan:cool:

Well the work thats been done since is the exhaust is larger, it does need some tuning, plus yes it does have alky/water injection which wasnt used on this dyno run.

No the fmic on it is the bottleneck of the system, it only flows to I belive 300-350whp, the other one I have from Nautilus flows to 500whp, that will be a big differance once thats installed.

i've never heard of a dyno needing to be recalibrated for fwd to rwd:shrug: but i have heard that mustang dyno's read lower than the dynojet's,and dynapack reads even lower. still very respectable numbers for a fwd sedan:cool:

+1

I wouldnt be stroking my ego with the extra 10-15% that the shop guy told you.

I've been to a few dyno days and ive never seen or heard of this RWD vs. FWD crap.

I have been to a few dyno's myself, mustang,and dynojets and fwd cars on dedicated rwd dyno's arent 100% accurate, but like I said earlier even if it only is 297whp I am happy none the less.

Back