• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-Calander shoot

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
ive gotten a new camera, my old one ended up being defective, and even though I bought the Staples warrenty on it, they didnt honor repairing the camera, instead they gave me the value of the camera back... So I had to buy a cheaper one :(

Anyways, the new camera is okay. I mean, it takes pretty standard pictures. But after seeing all of these Digital SLR camera threads and checking ebay for good prices, im thinking about going after one of those for christmas. I washed, waxed and spent about an hour cleaning the interior of the car. Looks really nice now, anyways, better pictures should come in the future if I can get a better camera but let me know what you guys think so I can alter my shots a little bit and get the "money shots" :D

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00089-2.jpg

Last edited:
I see pics. Theyre pretty good. A little dark but I imagine because of the auto settings. What's the camera make and model? Fess up, us DSLR guys aren't gonna rape you or anything :)

I wouldn't have mine had I not been cut a huge deal. :shrug:

Its a Sony DSC-S650

For some odd reason it takes dark pictures, i mean I can lighten them up a little bit no problem. But even when I turned the exposure up in a couple of them they came out unusually dark, which was disapointing. I need to play with the settings more, im still slightly unfamiliar with the camera.

Great location, great pics, just a little dark as other's said. I really like your location though. Keep working on it and get those "money shots". :laugh:

ive gotten a new camera, my old one ended up being defective, and even though I bought the Staples warrenty on it, they didnt honor repairing the camera, instead they gave me the value of the camera back... So I had to buy a cheaper one :(

Really I used to work at staples....... They usually give you a gift card of how much you paid for your item.......

Hence I bought a 300 dollar chair with a 25 buck warranty. Called the insurance/warranty group 15 days l8r(after the return policy) and said wtf the leather ripped and they were like ok np, we will send you a $300 gift card to buy another one. Hence i bought a 300 dollar chair for 25 bucks..... and got a lot more electronic stuff....

25 bucks....

- Amyn

your locations are nice and the car looks very clean, but you need to keep in mind about sunlight direction and color contrast. The one with the old Ford frame is very nice if you had a SF color. to break up the red building behind your ride. Red on red is hard to pull off unless you have a perfect match, but that could be the cameras ability to do color correction/matching

I hate you....

All you *******s rolling into my cities and taking all my photo spots.:cry:

i'm about to start invading cause i've cashed out my area. :laugh: we'll just have to do some tandem shoots.

maybe you should try cleaning your car first.

or at least pay someone to do it

*reaches hand out*

Edit: I played with photoshop a little bit and was able to fix one of the pictures, look any better?

Old:
DSC00076.jpg

new:
DSC00076-1.jpg

wow, i really need to quit using the auto focus option on my camera :nonono:

Last edited:

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00089-2.jpg

1. Too much dash warp...may want to position the car so that it's not visible

2. Don't really like it...maybe too far away, dark. Use contrasting positions & turn the front wheels so they can be seen.

3. I like this one, but postion the car farther back so more of it is visible.

4. Don't like this one at all.

5. Best one...needs a bit more light

the above is my $.02

on pic #2 I actually parked my car, and the train started to come through, so I have a couple of shots of the train flying by, which is sweet.

But you are right, I turned the wheels the wrong way, which really wrecked the picture. I need to get that dash warp fix too :(

Back