• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ramps %(*&@#$(*

depends on other things like wheel size too. with the stock 16's on and H&R lowering springs, i'd have almost no clearance to get a jack under the jack points. actually, i'd have to lift the sideskirt up a little to get the jack underneath.

with the 18's on i had no problem

Last night I borrowed my freinds car trailer ramps and put them up on the ramps and it worked great! Basically just used them as extensions. Changed the oil and filter and started to drill out one of the exahust studs after the cat (the stud was broken and was an exhaust leak when I bought it). Going to finish is up in a day or two after I get new drill bits LOL.

Has anyone actually built\used that ramps from that mustangworld.com? Not really sure where I would store them, but I don't like working under cars that are just under jacks\stands, I'm not having any luck extending my current ramps...

Needs more homemade ramps.

ramps7.JPG

Almost exactly what I use, not as long though. Works great.

Easy to make!

Uhm...
I got these rhino ramps at discount auto.. and I didn't have an issue getting up them, I just went really really slow, and cleared em barely. They have these rubber feet at the bottom to help from sliding on the ground :shrug:

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Maybe the Ninja Turtle towel had something to do w/ my success. I've not used the ramps since...

Rhinos will work on a car that hasn't been lowered. If your car is lowered you have to have a "step" up to the ramp, otherwise the front valence will just push the ramps forward before your tires get to them. That's what I have to do.
Karl

yea lowered.. or mirko. mine front end is high up but with the mirko i had no chance to get on those ramps. look to be the exact ones i tried and there was at least 6" more my tire had to move to get on the ramp..and the mirko was already touching it.
cant imagine lowered with a mirko :help:
although i bet the homemade ones would work

100_2485.JPG

100_2486.JPG

100_2487.JPG

100_2489.JPG

100_2490.JPG

100_2491.JPG

Now if I had a mirko and a dropped car I would want what they use in Le Mans... but I can't figure out if the jacks come out of the car, or out of the ground... I'm assuming the car.... but idk..... these are the best pics I could do.... What ever they are though.... if I had a lowered and mirko'd car... I'd want them...
Spyker-C8-Spyder-GT2R-Pit-Stop-at-Night-1280x960.jpg

787.pitstop1.jpg

148b_news.jpg

audi_r10.jpg

I can assure you that the air jacks are on the car. There's no way a driver could hit the exact spot each time the car needed to be raised if the jacks came out of the ground. I've mentioned that I've toyed with the idea of air jacks on the car in several previous posts. It's just a matter of mounting them but they'd probably intrude into the cabin interior somehow, rendering them sort of a liability.
Karl

Has anyone actually built\used that ramps from that mustangworld.com? Not really sure where I would store them, but I don't like working under cars that are just under jacks\stands, I'm not having any luck extending my current ramps...

A two foot long 2x4 placed with one end on the ground and the other 1/3 to 1/2 way up a plastc Rhino ramp works great. I've used them with great success on my bone stock Contour SVT, and the skirt clears just fine. :cool:

I can assure you that the air jacks are on the car. There's no way a driver could hit the exact spot each time the car needed to be raised if the jacks came out of the ground. I've mentioned that I've toyed with the idea of air jacks on the car in several previous posts. It's just a matter of mounting them but they'd probably intrude into the cabin interior somehow, rendering them sort of a liability.
Karl

Ya know, with the right amount of time, I bet a person could weld some air jacks in and hide them pretty good in the interior so they are not completely noticeable.... but I don't see why it would have to be into the cabin.... couldn't it be a jack that has multiple step cylinders so it could extend.... (telescope)

So like this, but on a much larger scale....
900-212.JPG

Im lowered on the BAT Kit and the back goes up FINE and my front the way I do it is.. Turn all the way Left or Right and put one ramp on and have my friend direct the other ramp when he has space.....

Always works....

I got some Rhino ramps from walmart for 25 bucks..

- Amyn

Im lowered on the BAT Kit and the back goes up FINE and my front the way I do it is.. Turn all the way Left or Right and put one ramp on and have my friend direct the other ramp when he has space.....

Always works....

I got some Rhino ramps from walmart for 25 bucks..

- Amyn

Those are low enough huh? I might have to check that out. I know they had some on clearance a few months ago, and I almost bought them.

Back