• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PIcs of the now running "turbo fox"

turbo_fox

Veteran CEG'er
Finally got it running. I ended up rebuilding the original engine, as the motor in the car was ruined by a bad diablo chip that flooded it and washed the walls. Anyway, I never have posted actual pics of the car, so here it is.

DSC00667Large.jpg

DSC00670Large.jpg

DSC00661Large.jpg

DSC00660Large.jpg

DSC00659Large.jpg

DSC00658Large.jpg

DSC00663Large.jpg

DSC00664Large.jpg

DSC00665Large.jpg

DSC00669Large.jpg

Damn, I was just thinking about you and wondering where you've been.
I was going through some pictures from Carlisle and came across some shots of your car.

Looking good!

How long did it take you to do the rebuild?

Nice stang :cool:.

Thats not stock color paint job is it?

I see you have the issue w/ rust on the trunk lid. That seems to be a common issue w/ these cars.

Damn, I was just thinking about you and wondering where you've been.
I was going through some pictures from Carlisle and came across some shots of your car.

Looking good!

How long did it take you to do the rebuild?

Well, I fixed the headgasket earlier this spring, but then my diablo chip shorted and open the 60 lb/hr injectors full time. It washed the walls, and ruined both the rings, walls, and pistons. When I tore the engine down in July, I found a crack in the main web. I grabbed the original engine from my parents, and had it machined. Used the stock pistons, rods, and a stock crank, ground undersize. Got that back 2 weeks ago, and it took me about a week to assemble and get it running. I still need a tune, so I cant get on it yet...

Nice stang :cool:.

Thats not stock color paint job is it?

I see you have the issue w/ rust on the trunk lid. That seems to be a common issue w/ these cars.

not the stock color, I haven't been able to find the match yet. The rusted hatch problem was fixed for the 90 model year. So mine being an 89, I have the rusty hatch.

nice. you swapped in the cobra IRS right??

i like how you ran a slower 1/4 with the turbo's lol!

Yeah, IRS from a 01 cobra. As of now, it sits on cut 04 cobra springs (cut more in the front, as the added width in the rear is giving me rubbing issues). Stock 04 cobra Bilstein rear shocks, kyb AGX front struts. It has all poly MM bushings, and a billetflow Dif brace. It has 94 front spindles and 03 10th anniv calipers, 94 booster and MC. not much on the car is stock, at this point.

As for expected times, The 12.77 @ 106 that I ran before the turbos was with a 3.73 geared 8.8 with HPM lower control arms and Eibach drag springs. It had MT ET streets on weld draglites. the 1.8 60' was thanks to those goodies. The 12.82 @120 was with the same suspension, but 17x9 cobra wheels with 245 Nitto drag radials (on 17's). Those tires were awful. 2.4 60' results. Plus with the 3.73 gears, the shift light was on in 4th as I crossed the traps.

With the 3.27 gears I have now, but now on an IRS, I would hope for a high 11, low 12 second pass, although drag racing is not what interests me at this point. It made 410 @ 5000, and 464 ft lbs. I am hoping for 500/500 now with adequate fuel and a fresh motor.

Thanks for the comments! although I was expecting at least one or two comments on the two SVT's that can be seen in the background.

One thing I might add though....lay some concrete down infront of the stalls. :) That and give me the car.

As for expected times, The 12.77 @ 106 that I ran before the turbos was with a 3.73 geared 8.8 with HPM lower control arms and Eibach drag springs. It had MT ET streets on weld draglites. the 1.8 60' was thanks to those goodies. The 12.82 @120 was with the same suspension, but 17x9 cobra wheels with 245 Nitto drag radials (on 17's). Those tires were awful. 2.4 60' results. Plus with the 3.73 gears, the shift light was on in 4th as I crossed the traps.

yeah i knew it was traction issues lol! Still....sick car, that is the epitome of "project car" lol!

yeah i knew it was traction issues lol! Still....sick car, that is the epitome of "project car" lol!

well hey, its going on 7 years of ownership, 4 engines, 2 transmissions, and 3 rear ends later, this is where it stands. It was almost bone stock when I got it. Not so much anymore!

Back