• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

no pics from today but the porting is done on the 3L, turbo oil drain is fitted and the motor is out of the car ...

what are you doing for LIM? are you using bugzuki plates, an NPG LIM, or are you filling the injector area?

So how did you guys make out tonight? Did you get much more done? Sorry I couldn't make it up there. I feel really bad about it.

So how did you guys make out tonight? Did you get much more done? Sorry I couldn't make it up there. I feel really bad about it.

don't worry about it

DSC04520.JPG

DSC04523.JPG

actually now its back in the car and some things are connected back up. having things like the UIM, remote oil filter lines, water cross over tube, roll restrictors and exhaust to re-install tomorrow .... well actually starting at 1pm today ...

Last edited:
Brian, you must have been there about the same time as me. Last weekend (8th-9th), I was down in Newport visiting jd2-98s. And touring Newport.

Brian, you must have been there about the same time as me. Last weekend (8th-9th), I was down in Newport visiting jd2-98s. And touring Newport.

yes we where, but I didn't remember exactly what street jd2-98s lived on .... my mystique was parked across from the post office on memorial just up from the Red Pariot just about all weekend ...

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't have recognized your Mystique. The Contour, yes, but probably not the Mystique. Funny though we were both in the same area at the same time.

:shocked: :shocked:

I know it's a typo, but what a typo to make :crazy:

yeah yeah .... I'm tired yet excited at the same time ...

so lets see, 2 to 4:30 on friday
11 to 4:30 on saturday
7pm to 1am on sunday
and 1:30 to 8:30 today ....

just a bit tired at the moment ...

Last edited:
[todras]Needs more pics[/todras]

:laugh:

what, it looks like it did before the swap :shrug:

its kinda hard to take pics when there are only two people doing the work ...

and yes I need to clean the engine bay ....

DSC04525.JPG

and as parked last night after getting back from Greg's

DSC04524.JPG

DSC04523.JPG

DSC04519.JPG

DSC04518.JPG

old 2.5L

DSC04516.JPG

DSC04513.JPG

and as the car left for gregs for the swap

DSC04511.JPG

Back