• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Daily drivers

This

pics455.jpg

or this

pics354.jpg

They are actual daily drivers. I only drive one of the cars when I have multiple passengers or my daughter with me.

1998 oldsmobuick lesabre. i would post pics, but the lasabre cannot be photogrphed for security reasons.

Ha, just noticed an Amber alert in your area for a late 90's white, Buick that just obtucted a 14 year old girl. Want to share something with us? :help: ;)

Ha, just noticed an Amber alert in your area for a late 90's white, Buick that just obtucted a 14 year old girl. Want to share something with us? :help: ;)

as soon as you learn to even come close to spelling "abducted" i'll let you know. :)

I know a few people here that use our newish light rail system but not many... I have a feeling its going to be gaining popularity though in the next few years with gas prices and crowded downtown parking.

The trains are massivly popular here. The infastructure in calgary wasent made to handle the amount of people we have, no one expected the city to grow as fast as it has so our roads suck and it takes forever to get to work. People realized that city transit was faster, cheaper, and better for the enviroment. The only problem now is that because we can only hold one train per block, that there isnt enough trains going through the downtown core to meet the demand. It's annoying at 5Pm when everyone gets off work and you have to wait 15 mins to SQUEEZE onto the train.

That and the busses only come every 15-30 mins.... lame.

Must be nice not to have snow. :(

V Daily driver

We do get some snow and even some ice storms down here occasionally. I guess that would be another situation where I have to garage the bikes. Actually, this past winter it snowed here long before it did up in Valporasio where my brother is.

bost-red-line2.jpg

30 minutes of crowded rush-hour torture each way with the occasional drunk causing a ruckus. I go for a long drive nearly every evening just to relax, so I'm not really saving gas.

One more week of living in Boston...

Anyway, I only have one car (right now) so the Maxima serves as both daily driver and pleasure vehicle. It is such a comfortable highway cruiser.

DSC01515LargeMedium.jpg

Last edited:
the SVT is my daily driver...150k worth of daily driving, haha

p.s. Rara please post more pics of your svt...i dont think ive ever seen yours and that thing looked cleaaaaaaaaaaaan! :drool:

This is the only pic I have right now of what has been my daily driver. 95 Mystique V6 MTX I picked up for $500 with 107K on it not running. Another $500 to get it flatbeded from Saginasty to T.C. and fixed so it runs and it now has roughly 127K on it. So that's $1000 for the car and 20K miles since July of 06. She burns some oil but for the price, I'm ok with that. No real mods, all 3 cats gutted, Elky mesh and Ford badge up front, blacked out the chrome, some 16" Focus wheels I picked up for $50 and the Corbeau seats I had in the 99 Contour.

100_0007.jpg

The SVT is my only car, so its my DD, weekend warrior, road trip, etc commuter. All you people with 2 + cars are ballin! :laugh:

Pic of car before Car-Jacking (aka RAPE)
l_f50363922e4cfe8a67c05b331d1149bb.jpg

Former DD not so much now since shes been sold.

EDIT current DD is in the background.

P1010002.jpg

Last edited:
Waht do you guys drive, when your toolin on the contour?
Mines a:
2002 protege 5
2in drop
18in w/ a 215/35
shaved emblems and key hole off hatch
mesh grilles front & back
2-12's & 1200w stereo in fibergl*** inclosure.
white & black seats/dash(white is not good on seats as daily driver)

Lets se them, I have to get a small er pic of my car then Ill post
later Bros

[

you DD is what replaced my stique.

Back