• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

Thats easy chris. Buy car parts. The faster you go or the better your car looks the less people pay attention to what you're wearing.

Awesome stuff Brian. I must admit I am more than a tidbit jealous. Hopefully I'll join you come the fall months.

I need to look as good as my car at all times :cool:

I also hate brian for all the sweet goodies he's getting. But I thank god it's getting nice out, cuz I want rides in it too to convince me to buy sweet stuff.

What type pf 3L are you going to build? I would actually like to drive some 3Ls in different configurations. But I guess I would have to go to some meets for that.

Brian,
I'm glad my pipes went to a good place! I wish I could have used em. The SeVT is going to be ridiculous!

What type pf 3L are you going to build? I would actually like to drive some 3Ls in different configurations. But I guess I would have to go to some meets for that.

after reviewing and trying to follow the debates I am going with a ported 3L. So 3L block with 3L heads, and the rest will be SVT components. This has great top end and over the manifold debate adding boost makes it negligable. I rode in Reebs ported 3L turbo and it performed very well.

hybrid make good power also but are not good for boost. And I don't like how a straight 3L looks/runs. I like secondaries. So the ported 3L is pretty easy to build.

more pics of the parts

DSC04498.JPG

DSC04499.JPG

DSC04500.JPG

DSC04501.JPG

DSC04502.JPG

exhaust pipe on the left will be sent back for one with a O2 bung for my wideband and a high flow cat, want to try to pass emissions with the kit on the car ....

DSC04504.JPG

DSC04506.JPG

Last edited:
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Let me know when you do this. I want to see the transplant :cool:

woot, battery location is finished
biggrin.gif
LC-1 and NPG brake kit next before the 3L, if I can get it done before the 3L ...

03-10-08_1908.jpg

03-10-08_1909.jpg

03-10-08_1912.jpg

Now I want to relocate my battery just to have some extra room.

its not bad at all, it took me a few days but I wasn't trying to get it done to fast. what also took longer is I ran the cable in the interior of the car. So I had to pull the rear seat bottom and the drivers seat to get the trim out. you could run it under the car and be done quicker but I didn't want to run it that way .... if I had sub frame connectors on the car already and not sitting beside it I could have done it pretty easily.

watch out through ... I used about 20 or so feet of 0 guage cable and it currently run around $7~$10 a foot :eek:

I didn't have to pull out my seats to run the wire under the trim. I unscrewed the trim and the wires slid under. However, I was using 8g wire...Maybe it isn't possible with 0 haha.

I didn't have to pull out my seats to run the wire under the trim. I unscrewed the trim and the wires slid under. However, I was using 8g wire...Maybe it isn't possible with 0 haha.

um, yeah, not going to happen with 0 guage, 4 was a pain to tuck under the trim also ... and to get all the the screws out of the trim I had to pull the seat, make it easier as those stupid plastic screws strip out to easily. besides I put the wire on top of the door sills, so it is actually next to the weather stripping.

Yeah I'd have to look at what you mean. Like I said, I got all the screws out without taking out me seats (had to move the front ones a bit to fit a ratchet w/ bit), and the trim just kind of pulls out from under the rear seat and bends back, and I just tucked it in. My remote wire is right next to it actually.

That relocation looks beautiful :drool: but that zero gauge wire sounds crazy expensive!

I discovered that my positive battery cable's insulation cracked so bad it was held together by electrical tape. Maybe instead of just fixing it I should relocate :)

That relocation looks beautiful :drool: but that zero gauge wire sounds crazy expensive!

I discovered that my positive battery cable's insulation cracked so bad it was held together by electrical tape. Maybe instead of just fixing it I should relocate :)

if you buy cable by itself yeah it is expensive. getting a kit makes it better ... look at summit if your interested and then add a distribution block and your good to go.

Back