• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

bought my El Camino with 92K on it and in less than 10 years (didn't drive it for the whole 10 years straight, it sat a bunch of that) it got parked for the long haul with 225K on it.

the most mileage i ever put on a car in a short amount of time was my SHO, i put 16K miles on it in 6 months.

Last edited:
In technicality i have put 15k on it since last october for a total of 30k on the motor and with all the stuff we've had to replace i'd say that the car has only 55k on it when i add up all the parts. but the odometer reads 109104 when she went into storage last week. I bought her 4 years ago with 40k so i have put 17.5k per year on her.

Thank God for company vehicles. I got my work van last Feb. (07) with about 100 miles on it now it's at 81,500. Just glad I don't have to pay for any of it.

Well, for a quick on-topic...

Congrats, Brain. She's finally almost done for now. It's really been great watching this car evolve over the years. Heck, I remember reading when you put the SVT kit on, what, 2.5 years ago? This really is a great thread, and should be stickied in FI:cool:

well it always turns out to be something. So I pick up new OEM rear ford brake pads today. I go to install them and I can't get the caliper over the thicker front rotor and new pads. the other odd thing was I thought that the piston was suppose to bottom out when turned in. mine didn't. I suppose I should check the drivers side and see what happens ....

Back