• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pic says it all

lol oh man that car looks awful on E0's! Good thing they're just the storage wheels.

looks like you boys done did some good work.
icon14.gif

E0>E1

Glad you got the swap done Brian. So how was the ride home? :laugh:

good, I actually help back for the most part. the clutch was slipping under hard shifting at high rpm so I didn't want to get on it to much more, but man did it pull if you ran it out to redline :laugh:

if the rain holds off for awhile I'll be driving it again tonight for alittle while :crazy:

Note to self: Must set up race date with Brian before turbo is installed.

I cleaned up the SVT yesterday and drove it today to work. It feels like I'm driving a new car all over again. I forgot how much fun it was. :drool:

Nice work Brian and Greg. I personally like the E0's more than the E1's. I'm getting my highflow cat on tomorrow so hopefully I can jump in on Tony's racedate and see how I fair.:crazy:

I want in too......whenever you go to the track.....and before you put in that damn turbo kit you pulled out your ass.I couldn't even have my 6 months of being faster, but now that you have the 3L, isn't it nice>?

I want in too......whenever you go to the track.....and before you put in that damn turbo kit you pulled out your ass.I couldn't even have my 6 months of being faster, but now that you have the 3L, isn't it nice>?

yes the 3L is nice, and it pulls very nicely up top. Turbo isn't going in for another month or so .....

observations, the Stage 3+ clutch feels very lite, the stock clutch was way heavier to press to the floor. It does grab very nicely and felt better today already. I have been running it to the top and then letting the rpms fall and making a nice smooth engagement then run it to the top of the next gear. There is some shuttering/slipping on take off but it isn't bad at all. the clutch just grabs.

On the quailfe I am not sure I have felt it work yet. But then again at the top of first it wants to spin the wheels but it just grips. I think that I can feel it working alittle going around corners but its not something very noticable.

The SVT flywheel made a great difference. When it hits about 5k rpms it just takes off really fast, just like my SVT of course :laugh:

Overall the power is good and application is smooth.

And I figured out what was going on with the AN fitting and hose I ordered for my remote oil filter. There was -12 hose in the box that was labled -10 ....

Last edited:
brian you are confusing me...
do you have an SVT clutch or a Spec clutch?

I installed a SVT flywheel and a Spec Stage 3+ clutch. Went with the SVT flywheel because I heard going with the spec/fidanza might cause drivability issues that the turbo would make worse.

doh, I see my miss print, sorry for the confusion.

I think the clutch will only feel like that for a short time, then it will end up feeling like stock again.

My SPEC felt very light too, but once it broke it, it was harder to push like stock again.

I think the clutch will only feel like that for a short time, then it will end up feeling like stock again.

My SPEC felt very light too, but once it broke it, it was harder to push like stock again.

good to know, and someone else posted recently about the clutch tightening up, think it was similar.

at least thats a good sign to know that it has broken in. how long did yours take?

Back